Dumaguete Info Search

Divorce

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Notmyrealname, Oct 8, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I did find that on a search but ignored it ( :smile: ) as I could not see the relevance (my problem!).

It also had a metallurgical definition.

2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Two thoughts:
    1. Why couldn't you take out a life insurance on a younger spouse with a reliable UK insurance company that charges regular premiums?
    2. If the foreigner is the policy holder as well as the benificiary in the policy, then there is no way the insurance benefits would be "part of the inheritance".

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I did have a life policy on my spouse in the UK, to benefit her child in the Philippines - but cancelled it a while after we moved here (the Company agreed it was still valid even though we had moved to Phil). Now I tried to get a new one but found we had to be resident in the UK at the time of starting the policy.

[Found the same with buying shares/stocks via UK brokers - no chance if not resident there. Any solutions to that one? Other than using the Philippine Stock Market, which is not very global.]

Point 2 is what I thought as it is not the 'property' of the deceased. Thus a way to safeguard foreigners here.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Depends how much money you have to invest. Brokers in the US will allow foreign nationals to open an account but the minimum investment can be upwards of $20k USD.

Local brokers most likely give access to foreign markets. Minimum investments are all over the place. I've seen as low as P2.5k (no telling what the fees are for that) but most are well above that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1