Dumaguete Info Search

Do you need a helper?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by devildog4, Apr 19, 2013.

1. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Your missing the point, students worked hard some even works as working students just to finish college and get a degree... Parents work day and night just so they can send their children to college so they can get a decent job no parents would wish her child to end up working as a helper after graduating. You don't understand the mentality of the Filipinos, if you come from a poor family and you have a college graduate son/daughter as a parent you will take that as an achievement from your hard work, you send them to school so they get a brighter future, make life easier for them and hopefully be able to get a high pay job or work abroad as most of them this is their ambition.

When I was growing up I had this nanny, she was awesome! My parents been treating her like a family and we still do, we supported her son financially from high school to college because she always wanted him to get a better job and not end up like her because mind you, a helper's job is hard work and lucky he did. So he finally graduated and now working as an engineer and his mum is no longer with us but she's forever grateful and couldn't thank us enough now she's at home looking after her own children and grandchildren and I remember her saying, as much as possible as a parent u wouldn't want to see your child working as a helper for another family apart from your being far from them, it's like winning a lottery looking for a good boss that won't hurt you and treat you fairly.

2. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your response has nothing to do with the subject of this thread!

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Right! They offer 6 months training to better the English skills of those that can pass their English standards to begin with, which is a very low percentage of the grads here.

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Your parent's nanny has my respect, much more than someone who looks down their nose at someone who is willing to start at the bottom and work towards a better life for themself and/or their family.

This girl probably has very little if any job opportunities, yet she is willing to start wherever she can and work to better herself. She has my respect.

Larry

5. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

No your wrong malmoman, I'm sticking to the topic which is she's a fresh graduate and I think she should apply what she learnt from school to her field you never know there could be plenty of job opportunities for her after all she needs the money to help with her family. Why not give it a try, send resumes to different companies you never know you might get a call not necessarily a call center job there could be more than can be related to what she studied. I just think that whatever she might learnt she might be wasting it if she will just end up as a helper not that I think it's a bad thing but there could be better opportunities that's worth trying.

6. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    But she wouldn't make it if we didn't support the son to school because 5,000 pesos wouldn't be enough for her to finance their daily needs plus 6 other kids and the husband didnt have a permanent job and like she used to say, she could have worked all her life as our nanny and none of her kids would have graduated uni if we didn't pay for all the expenses but my parents always have treated her and her family like a family and we are proud of them. 9 years she worked for us and everyday we miss her cooking :-)

7. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Shadow is correct. One of the flyers for a candidate running for office here in Dumaguete listed her past jobs. Besides being a manager at Chowking, she was also an English teacher at one of the call centers in Dumaguete.

9. OP
    OP
    devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    OK....so I made a mistake and need to clarify something. She just graduated from High School, NOT college.
    I didn't find out until my wife read my post and corrected me. Sorry for the mis-info everyone. It was my fault.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    No problem. I was thinking at 19 she was a little young to be graduating from college already, but what do I know?