Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Does anyone remember the restaurant/eatery where Ricky's grocery is now located?

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I use character for a lot of things but For ñ press Alt 164 and Ñ press Alt 165

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I use Character map from Google store

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I am reliably informed by wife that she remembers this resto from her College days it was then called
    LA-CAVITEñA

• Like Like x 2
  4. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The original Ricky's & the old Times Mercantile were of wooden construction, side by side where the new Uy Matiao's hardware store is on Perdices Street, before they burned down, (causing the death of a young girl, the owner's niece I think). Would the restaurant on Legaspi Street, have possibly have been called Manson's? I was here around that time, but never ate there, I did however eat at new Manson's, which doubled as a computer repair & coffee shop then a calendaria(spelling?) type place which was located in the new Uy Matiao building complex after it was built. (The owners are all related I believe anyway).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1