Dumaguete Info Search


does anyone use voltage regulators for tv-computer-ref ?

Discussie in 'Property Development' gestart door tuba-coma, 30 mrt 2015.

  1. OP
    OP
    tuba-coma

    tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

    Berichten:
    373
    Trofeepunten:
    201
    Beroep:
    sales
    Locatie:
    dumaguete city
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    your posting is a great help, thx show pony
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Berichten:
    13.106
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Beroep:
    FIRE
    Locatie:
    Valencia
    Ratings:
    +16.073 / 3.796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sure
    [​IMG]

    Any questions? :bookworm:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Berichten:
    13.106
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Beroep:
    FIRE
    Locatie:
    Valencia
    Ratings:
    +16.073 / 3.796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    @Dave & Imp I am looking for a video to give you a serious reply to your question. It is proving rather hard to find someone who doesn't go full nerd and completely blow the simple idea behind these devices out of proportion. This is the best that I could come up with:


    My attempt to write down the basic idea of what this guy was saying was taking longer than it took to just watch the d*mn video and ended up being more confusing....so I just deleted it and left you with the video.
    Here is a wikipedia article on the subject.
    Voltage regulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I cannot explain it in any simpler way without sounding like a complete retard.
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DavyL200

    DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

    Berichten:
    3.968
    Trofeepunten:
    401
    Locatie:
    On an island
    Ratings:
    +5.126 / 466
    There you go dave you can now build your own avr, now you're next microwave will last longer :o o:
    I hope you Understood all the technical data on the vid! Cdr king will supply the parts.
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. gerry_bc

    gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

    Berichten:
    355
    Trofeepunten:
    210
    Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Go to Polaris and buy a 5000 watt avr. Then have them (for a small fee) hard wire a 4 plug female box to the side of it. Buy (or have made) a couple heavy duty extension cords and run them to whatever you want that will not reach the plug box on the avr.

    I did this 6 years ago and have not lost 1 electronic piece of equipment ever. The avr will also protect against power surges (as mentioned by DavyL).

    End of problems, case closed lol imho.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    tuba-coma

    tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

    Berichten:
    373
    Trofeepunten:
    201
    Beroep:
    sales
    Locatie:
    dumaguete city
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    thx gerry, sounds good and helpful, but - what is a female box? :confused: i used the slang ranslator and found this
    What does box mean? box Definition. Meaning of box. OnlineSlangDictionary.com
    but none of these fits for me to your description ...:smile:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ShawnM

    ShawnM Living the dream, Plan B ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

    Berichten:
    1.585
    Trofeepunten:
    371
    Beroep:
    Senior Construction Manager
    Locatie:
    Okinawa/Tanjay
    Ratings:
    +1.858 / 219
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I am really starting to think that the voltage drop issues most folks are experiencing is due to the transformer being overloaded as well as the long distance of many secondary drops. If you trace back where the transformer that feeds your place is located you may see quite a number of homes tapped off of a 10 or 15 kVA transformer.

    I have my own transformer and do check the voltage at the meter quite often, I have yet to see the voltage drops many experience. I also do not have much load normally (last electric bill came in under 3K)...a heavy load is also a cause of voltage drops.

    I'm only guessing as I have not looked at the primary to any individual places, but do think most issues are on the secondary side of the transformers from what I've stated earlier in my post.

    Shawn
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Laden...