Dumaguete Info Search

Does the Philippines suffer from water shortages?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Aug 15, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    I presume that drinkng water suppliers have to be licensed and their premises are checked from time to time?
    Or do they retail for major water filteration companies who are licensed.

2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    John are you having a laugh or is it because you are : Aff yer fecking heid? don't even consider for one moment that suppliers of drinking water are licensed and even if they were this is all so easy to circumvent in that Fecked up country, I get the impression your circumstances prevent you from spending much time in the Philippines, well this does appear to be the case when you make a statement such as this? Sorry John if this may offend you, but understand I have lived in PH for close to eight years, however I am now back in UK, but to be honest I'd much rather be there, for as Fecked up as it is, than be where I am now, life was good for me there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    3% of the Earths water is pure and I feel certain that you and I are not drinking it anytime soon. I saw a science video where they did electrolysis on 2 bottled water. After the experiment which forces the various molecules to de-attach from eachother the 2 bottled waters looked like sewage. All the water that we drink contains dust and debris, each particle found is something other than water. Many youtube videos can be found searching (water under a microscope) In most the 1st world Countries water treatment slows down somewhat the growth of Microbes. Globally, at least 2 billion people use a drinking water source contaminated with feces. Microbial contamination of drinking-water as a result of contamination with feces poses the greatest risk to drinking-water safety. Guess the question JohnBoy is RRRRRRR Yah feeling lucky

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  4. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    I have no clue.

Maybe they got a license, maybe not.
    In case they got a license, I don't know how they got it, and what criteria had to be fulfilled. There are many ways to get a license in the Philippines.

All I can state is the water tastes nice, they deliver to our house, and after drinking it for many years now, nobody from our household got sick.

Probably you made a good point, and probably your concerns should be taken seriously. But please don't forget,... It's more fun in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    we get our water tested every 6 months or so and also our holding tank is cleaned (we get maybe a spoon of silt from the tank) and it costs 1700 pesos to be tested, if we went down the road of a water station then the initial testing cost would be 10k pesos for the certification and a few more pesos to the mayor and his cohorts, our water is well within the required parameters and again one of the best investments I ever made

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Randyb

Randyb DI Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +43 / 3
    Blood Type:
    B+
    For anyone planning to have a well drilled by someone in Bais, the word is - Dont, he has a horrible reputation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Dave the first time I arrived in Philippines, my future family filtered their water supply by wrapping a cotton cloth around the tap spout!!!
    I had hoped things may of improved since then, Eg; like maybe desalination sytems as an option for those living near the sea.

While here in UK the latest news about Water Companies pouring out raw sewage into our rivers and sea, makes one pause for thought.....cheers mate.

8. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    Who does the testing for you? Thanks.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I am sure you know John that when @DAVE1952 asks "Aff yer fecking heid?" it means he REALLY likes you. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    With some expensive alternatives suggested, would it be relatively cheap to buy a few of those big blue water tanks for water storage 'in case'. The two of us lasted 3-4 days (when our electricity was out after Odette) from just one medium size tank on our tower - we needed the electricity to operate the pump that transfers water from our one large blue ground tank up to the tower, but could have taken some out by bucket if necessary.

And don't forget: If it's yellow then let it mellow but if it's brown (sorry for the pun Mr B!) then flush it down. That could save a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1