Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Dog for my family

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by danbandanna, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Best Answer
    You are correct. He is the OP, and he was the one asking for suggestions. I couldn’t find anything in your response that actually answered any of his queries anyway, thereby making your response a clear waste of internet space. Take a happy pill and stop looking for negative things to say. We already live in a toxic world. Stop contributing to it.

@danbandanna I am recommending a German shepherd, but the purebreds don’t come cheap unfortunately. Good luck with your dog hunt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I am a firm believer that bringing a dog into a child’s life really adds to what could be a long term love for animals but also a respect and responsibility for their welfare.

I’m stating the obvious, but a dog’s socialization with people and children is so important. I would always recommend a pup you can bring into the family dynamic but adopting an older dog that has been properly socialized is another great option.

As you mentioned, you want the dogs to be primarily outside so I agree that 2 dogs are better than one...dogs are happier when the have a playmate.

Best of luck

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Totally agree and get the little one outside as much as possible as well to play with the pup, instead of learning what most do here,, sit in the room on FB. I have a German Shepard 42 kilo's and the biggest woos you would ever meet,, friendly with everyone and just loves to play with my grand kids, one is 3 and the other is 13 months.. he was brought up around people since he was a pup and understand my cat's are the real boss's here when push comes to shove but the locals are terrified of him which is why I got him.. all bark but no bit..

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I would like to thank all of you for your informative and kind comments... we will certainly give the animal shelter a look see before making any decisions... and will update this thread when we make our decision...

• Like Like x 1