Dumaguete Info Search

Dog-Slow forum

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Turbota, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I use Tapatalk for mobile use. Can be found in the Google Play store for free. My internet is still down. Once it comes back up I will look to see if there are any problems or things I can do to speed up the site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Thanks Wrye

• Like Like x 1
  3. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I have no problems D I loading with globe 5 mbps that pings 4.5 most of the time i think i am lucky being on a cabinet with plenty of band width . sent from my laptop using pecker type

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't have problems either, even when browsing on mobile data, but large portions of the forum are loaded straight from my computer (an irregular user won't have so much of the forum cached). There are some things that I can do to speed it up for those users. If globe gets their guys out here to fix my internet today I will make those changes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    I tried to pecker type because of my bad hand but I kept banging 6 or 8 keys every time it hit the keyboard so I just use my left hand fingers.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I don't think my slightly slow android has anythng to do with the DI server, its a little slow on all sites. My pc opens any DI Page in 0 to 3 seconds most of the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No problems here in the UK, apart from 10,000 illegal immigrants coming to Britain.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have disabled some non-essential mods to the forum in hopes that it would speed up the forum for you (mainly disabled the ones that were loading some avatars in unnecessary places). Let me know if there were any improvements.
    Before the changes:
    Screenshot from 2015-09-06 07:14:26.png

After the changes:

Screenshot from 2015-09-06 07:11:32.png

Not much of a change but you can see that the site is scoring an 80% on the speed test with the Google Webmaster Tools. (It is hard to get it any higher than that because the forum software is coded by a private company.....I can't control a lot of the things that Google says could be changed to improve speed.)

The mobile is 75/100:
    Screenshot from 2015-09-06 07:20:17.png

Other than adding a mobile skin there isn't much I can do about this either. If you are using a cellphone to access the forum and would really prefer not to use Tapatalk I can add a mobile theme for you (I'm not sure if that would help any at all but it really isn't much of a problem to add to the theme list...though I can't promise that I will remember to keep it updated).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Wait.....I see that one of my databases has some errors and has crashed. This might be causing some forum to lag as well. Let me see if I can repair that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +749 / 109
    Kick them to the north as far as you can and the Scottish might handle them like in the old days............what's ever.