Dumaguete Info Search

Pets & Animals Dogs, Tics and this Weather.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Jack Peterson, Jun 4, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Had a Go at this and it was not too easy, my Mutts had Fun Pulling each others Clothes off but thank's for the input.
    just at this time they are pretty clean so I will keep all the recommendations for another outbreak.

JP:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    hmmmmmmmmmm seems to be my day for a little moaning but just this afternoon ( it is raining here in Junob) my Labrador came up on the terrace wet.
    She sat and had a Scratch and a lot of Little reddish Coloured ( Ticks?) well not like normal Ticks but more like very miniature spiders were evident when she moved.
    had a look at the other 3 and they too have some in their Paws. Not a lot but each paw had about 3
    Anyone else having this type of thing? They are minute things but move quite quickly not at all like the Normal Tick they get.

JP :rolleyes::thumbsup:

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They sound more like mites jp,may even be some sort of mange mite. You can buy a wash for this,they will need an all over bath and scrub.
    A reoccurring prob here,also might be an idea to spray the yard with something also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :eek:just bathed all 4, they had a bath on Saturday as well. I wondered if this is why they are falling off the Dogs.:facepalm:

JP :bag::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wildcat

Wildcat DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    Where can I buy this Frontline JP?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441060128,1441059958][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Shawn where did you find the topical solution at? I have ptoblems finding anything here in Dumaguete.

6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    we use "WOOF WOOF" pet stores up on the Right from Fit 4 life Gym on Cevantes Street. But most of the Pet shops have it or something as good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441076003,1441075961][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks Jack

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Removed the anonymous status from this post. Assuming that was an accident. No worries.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Just a little resurrect on this as it seems The Ticks are back But they don't seem like the normal ones. [Very Small] I am wondering if these are not Dog (Animal) type and appear to have come back since we Bought some Top soil for Garden Leveling.
    Dogs will get a dose of Frontline (or Other tonight) as they are due but I was just asking really if anyone else has noticed these Tiny things?

Jack:unsure:

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have a local mutt that stays outside (his name is Stupid), haven't really noticed any ticks on him, but he only comes up to the house when my gf is yelling his name when it's time to eat. The local mutts are much easier to deal with.

• Agree Agree x 1