Dumaguete Info Search

Pets & Animals Dogs, Tics and this Weather.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Jack Peterson, Jun 4, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    What what I have read from others you may be right. Seems the Cleaner the dog the worse they are, maybe the local dogs are immune, or as my Grannie used to say, when we were kids."Lice prefer Clean Heads" maybe we should stop bathing them for a while. Like a bus, next one please this one full. :whistling:

Jack :wink:

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think I have only gave Stupid a bath once when he was a puppy. He somehow managed to roll around in his own crap (which is how he got his name).

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Off subject I know and I apologize but I am still looking for a local mutt. Nothing fancy just an Azkal pup male preferred but females OK too. I f anyone knows of any please let me know.

Yes, I believe the local mutts fair better than the imported bred dogs. From what I have seen the local mutts are usually more immune to local diseases especially heart worms. Whereas most imports are not IMPO. Plus less upkeep and maintenance on local mutts like "Stupid"

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As your local Barangay Captain or local Gossip Queen and you'll find one in no time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well it seems to be Dog Tick time again. :facepalm:
    Anyone else having problems in this hot Weather? This time they are Big Buggers again. :mad:

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No, but then again my master hasn't checked me out yet... Huh? Oh wait a minute here.... What did I just say????

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    jack, we give our dog about half teaspoon of tumeric a day with his food, since we statred this no ticks or any other nastys on him..
    could be just a coincidence but worth trying....very inexpensive, bout p8 a kilo at market...blend it up and freeze it..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DaveD

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Best Answer
    The vets office across the street from SSS in Bagacay on the road under construction had some tablets you give your dogs (one per dog per month supposed to get rid of all). Also you can get some diatomaceous earth and spread it around where they rest/sleep and it will get rid of the fleas and tics. If you get the food grade diatomaceous earth you can also use it orally for pets and humans to get rid of worms and parasites. see: Diatomaceous earth - New and used for sale - OLX Philippines

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 1,261
    Polaris sells diatomaceous earth for swimming pools. The last time I bought some it was about 1400 PHP for a 22 Kg sack.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. DaveD

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks Dave, good to know info. Do you know if food grade or not? I suspect not at that price.

• Agree Agree x 1