Dumaguete Info Search

Doing some Eggplant experiments

Discussion in 'Horticulture' started by Dave & Imp, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I have been doing some experimenting with my eggplants seeds, the Spitfire F! Variety planted in the ground. I planted 8 plants, 6 got fish under them. Of those 6, three got no additional fertilize, and three got the combination I make up in liquid form of Ammonium Sulfate (2 TBS), Potassium sulfate (1 TBS) , Magnesium Sulfate (1 TBS), Ferrous sulfate (1 TBS), one cap of Micro base per one liter of water in coke bottle. If there is still room in bottle, I throw in the kitchen sink (lol), as I am trying to give them everything I can I pour into the bottle. Then I use about ½ liter of the mix in 6 liters of water (in watering can) and fertilize about twice a week.

There are two plants with no fish under them, one gets no fertilize and the other get the same formula as above. The two with not fish under them are on the left hand side. Not the highest scientific level of experiment but pretty good for me.

All the plants with the fish below them are growing the best, and I do not think the roots have fully penetrated the layer of fish. However the plants with the fertilizer from above all seem to be doing about as well with or without fish (just a small amount of difference at this time).

I planted the eggplants in holes, and mulch with leaves to keep the soil cool and moist during this hot season. Wish I had written down when they went it the ground, I imagine it has been less than a month from seedling pots.

Here are some photos.

Here are the 8 plants, the two rows on the left side of camera has fish under them when planted. The far right two plants had no fish. The plant on the far right closest to the camera got the liquid fertilizer, but no fish (First Photo)

[​IMG]

IMG_20160415_065627 photo 1.jpg

IMG_20160415_065708 Left side four.jpg
    Here is photo of the four plants on the left side.. all had fish under them, the front ones to camera had fertilizer too mix too..

IMG_20160415_065708 Left side four.jpg

Here are the four plants on the right had side. The two on the farthest right do not have fish, but the closest two. The two on the top did not have fertilizer. The one in the lower left had fish a and fertilizer.

The experiment will continue, and see the results and the crop productions of eggplants. Conclusion at this point in time is that fish and fertilizer helps to grow bigger stronger plants.. I will continue to experiment for 60 days and post again.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2