Dumaguete Info Search

Dong Juan done gone

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Dong Juan at Robinson Mall, orig posting was in off-topic in 2012 (for ease i used to call it "ding dong"). Now the windows are all papered over as of couple weeks ago (march) and everything inside has disappeared, even the booths, in which the seats always seemed a bit low.

Anyone know what REALLY happened ?? Please label guesses as "guess." I know in this town a "business plan" and "market analysis" are unknown concepts," but it always seemed to be busy, and food pretty good, especially the burgers, except when the buns were "out-of-stock." Maybe the owner just got tired, and she decided to retire ??? Rent problem ???

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just a guess, but maybe they will be relocating to the new dining areas being built in the front, if it is ever concluded.

Anyone know what the new construction in the back is for?

3. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    HC: Possibility, but then there is no point in closing a year or two before the front is finished. One of my restaurant buddies said most likely rent was the cause..

Not sure what's going on in the back, curious myself, but i did think i saw a pile driver, so it's gotta be big. But then a pile driver would be necessary for almost anything, that area is nothing but mud, witness the sinking all around the coffee shop next to ding dong...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Found out today Sans Rival at the mall will be moving to the empty Dong Juan site in June.

• Informative Informative x 6