Dumaguete Info Search

Downtown Checkpoints and No Helmet Fine Info

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by greko, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Francois

Francois DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You can use an international driving licence (which is a multilingual translation of your driving licence with your photo) with the original driving licence for 6 months since your last date of entry in the Philippines (as stamped in your passport). I was driving a motorbike in Dapitan City and was asked my driving licence at a check point. I had no problems. Its the last date of entry in the PHILIPPINES which is important, not the date of extension of your tourist visa.

2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    To clarify.

1) The traffic enforcers are concerned with the last date of entry to the Philippines to determine the validity of your foreign drivers license.

2) The administrators at the LTO office are concerned with how long in the future your Visa is valid for when you apply for a drivers license.

3. Francois

Francois DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    2) The ACR-I has nothing to do with the visa, it is valid for 1 year and renewable every year. The LTO ask the ACR-I, as well as banks to open a bank account. Tourist visa is free at arrival in the coutry and valid for 29 days and can be extend for 30 days the first time, then for 60 days at the bureau of immigration for a maximum of 12 months. The ACR-I card can be delivered after the first extension. If you leave temporarly the country, you keep the ACR-I card but when you come back you have to start again for the visas : 29 days - 30 days-60 days.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Im sure you mean extendable for a max of 36 months?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I think it is the other way Round, 30 day free entry then 29 days payable 29 day waiver :cookie:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    if your foriegn license is in English, an international licesne serves no purpose. a person may drive on their foriegn license for 90 days from the date of there last entry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    You might inquire @Siliman University there's prof or teacher French language. In 2010 I had my Dutch driver's license translated by a Belgian prof from Siliman university (though what on earth has to be translated, it's all quite clear he he..!!) The translation was then certified by the Province in the Capitol. This procedure was adviced to me by the chief of LTO and it did indeed work.

8. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Correct. Regarding the 90 days, we came here on the 1 year balikbayan privilege. Technically, that posed a problem for driving after the 90 days were up because the US license was no longer acceptable yet the Philippine conversion license was not possible because the remaining visa was less than 1 year. However, LTO issued the license anyway and I was not aware of the 1 year requirement at the time, just the 90 day limit. The less you know the better, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I did the same, Balikbayan privilege had about 7 months left on it and LTO converted my British Licence to a Pinoy one. that was about 2 years ago.

10. Barry Willingham

Barry Willingham DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 3
    So far, About 3 times I have just ridden thru.