Dumaguete Info Search

Dramaguete, Still the City of Friendly People.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Crystalhead, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Duma has been getting a bad wrap this past year or so. From Foreigners scaling walls to attack each other while in the comfort of their own home to random fits of rage on each other over gossip or some Youtube content. None the less compared to the Locals we remain very civilized and it is unfortunate that when a Foreigner steps out of line it becomes so prevalent. All our Members here on Forum over all love the Philippines and know indeed that Dumaguete still by large are extremely friendly Peoples but are realistic to know nothing stays the same. Let's hope we all embrace what others have to offer and if not then respect peoples rights and opinions. Most of us are grey haired, too old to afford to get involved in troubles that we should be mature enough to allow to blow past us without letting it bother us! We are still only guests here and over time can easily forget that and resort to kicking some Western or European arse as most of us did while we were younger. We are here to enjoy the waves and not cause the waves. Just putting it out there as a reminder. Philippines is no place to end up in a hospital or worse yet, a jail, prison or deported. Keep it cool out there, have fun, continue doing what we all do best (lend or give our support) or just kick back and mind our own, Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  2. arvee

arvee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  3. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Welcome to the forum arvee. As it's basically among your 1st postings, no worries. Such an article for future ref: may be better suited for the sub forum https://dumagueteinfo.com/board/forums/news-and-weather.35/ News and weather with in a new thread. Again, no problem. Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  4. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    blah de blah

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  5. ShawnM

ShawnM Living the dream, Plan B ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,767 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm not sure what John's point is, but have seen things personally that makes me need to put my POV in.

How many times has it needed to be said that you are a guest?

In a situation for you to jump up and claim your nationality and military affiliation, you just disrespected all that have served as well as your nationality. We don't do that!

Don't make yourself a fool when dealing with the local police and bystanders.

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Hello Shawn, hope all is well with you and yours. Post was inspired by the commotions that have been arising from Youtube Philippine Expat Vlogging community and others. So much he said, she said and there has been much more then a couple physical altercations. Some making bigger headlines then others but all in all reflect on the Expat community. No one needs that. Theses angry sorts need to get a grip on the reality that this is the Philippines. Nothing good will ever come out of getting angry here! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShawnM

ShawnM Living the dream, Plan B ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yeah, there are some folks that should not be allowed to live outside their home country...

Shawn

8. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,391 / 1,263
    Totally agree.
    This morning me and a few people waiting for the Yamaha dealer to open their service bay stood there as a foreigner drove up to the bay. The yamaha guy told him to stop and he just drove right on inside.
    I told him we are all waiting to get inside.
    His response "Well sometimes that's just how it goes".
    I said the smartest thing I could, nothings.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I hope Karma sorts most of these guys out...