Dumaguete Info Search

Dress Code

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Jan 11, 2024.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    My dress code is basketball-type shorts and a tee shirt. I can't wear slippers (walking problem) so I wear rubber shoes (Philippines term), if I leave the house. With one exception, I only wore long pants (jeans)once. Funny thing, when I was working, I wore nice suits. I prefer today's comfort. I see a lot of guys here wearing long pants. Nice thing about here, no dress code.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    I have never owned or worn Flip-Flops. The oldest surviving flip-flop is currently on display in the British Museum and dates from around 1,500 BC. Over time, the materials used to make flip-flops has changed from papyrus, palm leaves and straw to plastic and rubber. I wear what is known as Shoes! Other than my Shoes, about anything else goes due mainly to the fact no-ones notices anyways!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,627 / 2,895
    I wear Islander (definitely my favourite type) flip-flops mostly and on the rare occasions I use socks and shoes I find my feet itch so badly I end up scratching them until the blood runs!!! Even using cotton socks does not help a lot.

I went to the Luce theatre at Silliman University some years ago and was refused entry because I was wearing those flip-flops - they have such HIGH standards here (lol). Fortunately I had some beach shoes (very thin material and not what I would want to wear in public) in the car and changed into them - I was accepted! I can only guess at the fact they thought the skin of my feet was too sexy ("I'm too sexy for my car; Too sexy for my car; Too sexy by far;
    And I'm too sexy for my hat; Too sexy for my hat; What do you think about that?").

If there is ever a next time (the cultural desert here blows hot) I will try wearing paper bags and see what happens.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    you're so funny I laughed my socks off.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    I bought some Cargo pants, when I cut them to the right length, the pockets were by my ankles.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,627 / 2,895
    Thanks, but that's you banned from Luce Jimlad!

7. Nightowl2

Nightowl2 DI Junior Member Veteran ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor Navy

Ratings:
    +18 / 2
    Uniform of the day in my world is a tee, swim trunks and flip flops - tennis shoes if going downtown due to walking in flip flops over a few hundred meters hurts my feet.
    The dress code here is in my top 3 things I like about the PI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    My world today is.....Thermal Tee, thermal long-johns, thermal socks!!! Our first snow has arrived this morning.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,627 / 2,895
    How I miss the bleak UK. NOT.

10. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I was at the dentist today, and I was really embarrassed for the foreigners I saw in the waiting room. No one was dressed appropriately. Most were wearing singlet T-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops. In contrast to the well-dressed Filipinos. I saw their looks, and they spoke volumes.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1