Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Drill deep bore well amlan amlan amlan

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by DELETED-shotshapers, May 30, 2016.

1. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Is the amount of standing water after a strong rain indicative of the depth of the water table or the underlying ground? I imagine it could be both, but thinking a higher water table delays the absorption of standing water. Anyone have any idea of the water table depth in the Junob area?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Mine was about 27 ft (7 mrs) to clear but we went another 2 meters to make sure 5 years now and always water from the Pump.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

we just finished our well (116feet) rather effortlessly too, one drama was the pipes, we purchased from JB marketing (2 inch schedule 40), some of them bent and that was after we got past the rocky section (10-30feet), but other than that its all good
    now gotta work out what pump and the other bits and pieces that go along with it, and get the water tested (went about that and was told no where in DGTE) can it be tested properly, yes it can be tested for a few contaminants but not all , across from the public hospital they told me they only check for bacteria and nothing else (my local LGU said no one in dgte had the national certification to test water, but i seen an ad for a place in Talisay that does it, as we might go down the road of a water station or just keep it for ourselves as we will be buying the water station kit to make our water alkaline .................fingers and toes crossed

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Might be worth a visit to the agri place in dumaguete as im sure i heard they do water testing,it may even be on di somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Do you plan on drinking the water from your Pump or only using it to water plants/ hose paths/ wash/ shower etc?

Who did you get to sink the pipes (PM me if you wish) and how much per meter to do it? I was quoted 30k & 40k to sink 3x 20m tubes, estimated time was a week to do and I had to feed a crew of 7 guys while they were working here for the 40k quote and no mention of food or how many guys would be working for the 30k quote, I declined the offers as I felt I was being 'had'... I am looking soon to sink 4x 20m tubes on our lot so we have permanent reliable water supply to water vegetable lots and water Pigs, but wish to avoid the :greedy: BS...

6. OP
    OP
    DELETED-shotshapers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is a quick answer, i will PM a longer answer if you need

yes I plan on going the whole 9 yards for a water station (alkaline water)
    you mean 20 feet tubes and not 20 metres ???????
    my crew were 6 weeks doing the well, going all day every day, so estimated time of a week is 3 weeks off at best

7 men is a bit much but then it depends on the terrain (where are you located) we had 5 and yes feeding them is part of the deal

but 80m is close to 240 feet if my maths is still acceptable.............then you are getting a deal to good to be true

so is it metres or feet
    where are you located (as my man wouldnt travel if you were far away from amlan)

7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sorry I am stuck in the middle of Metric/Imperial (Oz changed over when I was in year 7) and sometimes confuse which is which when commenting as I often use both measures, yes 4x 20 foot tubes I meant.

I am in Malatapay, 25km's south of Dumaguete, and the terrain is flat and lays on a reclaimed river so not sure of what lays beneath the top soil.

So the quoted price seems right to you for the originally quoted 3x tubes deep?

8. OP
    OP
    DELETED-shotshapers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Price seems ok , 6 months ago it was 5k for 10 feet, but I left it hang then he quoted me 6k but in the mean time he got badly sick, so I guess I'm paying for his meds ( but

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    DELETED-shotshapers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the time also seems a bit out (one week) unless they know all ready that the land is indeed soft irrespective of how many men there is (7 seems a bit too much) but what do i know (if your are paying by the foot) versus day labour what difference does it make except its extra mouths to feed

we just gave them 300 pesos a day and let them do their own buying and cooking

again the pipes i bought from JB marketing the main man considered a bit soft and some of them bent (maybe they are throwing in some cheap ones along with good quality

so i guess matiao might be the way to go (you can only buy pipes in 20 feet lengths)
    so they will have to be cut in half and threaded together that you can do locally im sure and not have the seller do it ( but they dont do the threading) another outfit near the fruit market did it (i forget) but it wasnt overly expensive, but ask the driller if some local cuts and threads, plus you also need some french coupling to join the the two threads together again

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    DELETED-shotshapers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now the real fun begins (WHATS NEXT)

im guessing i need a big tank , water pump, pressure tank and also pump to go with that

anything else i need, anyone with advice (Im on my knees here)

what to watch out for , what to look for

please please please