Dumaguete Info Search

Driver needed

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Cebueric, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Cebueric

Cebueric One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, from northern Cebu. Been here 6+ years. First time on this forum, so thank you for having this forum and allowing me on here. I am asking for help. I am seeking a professional driver this coming week to transport a filipina from Duma pier, up along the western side of cebu to Hagnaya Pier. I am not here to debate anything...my hotel has secured the paperwork for employee to travel. I need a responsible driver, who can get the proper authorizations to do the travel as well.

2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

so just for clarification. the driver you want will provide his own vehicle? you only want a driver who transports people for his living now? what are the dates of the proposed transport? you will cash advance the driver for expenses to and from hagnaya? (this is the philippines and i cannot imagine anyone will trust you (or me) to pay upon arrival). you have a way to be contacted other than here? the only way i would know to help you is to see if anyone i know might want to call you and discuss your needs

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I would say the chance of getting this done is impossible with the checks as they are. Pick up from duma pier then transport up cebu! They are many papers needed and what about the quarantine?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  4. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Ceburic you are living in a fantasy world.

Post Covid-19, there is no legal way for a person to travel from Negros Oriental to Cebu Island without a travel authorization and a rapid test and then the 14 day quarantine on arrival in Cebu. It takes 10 days to two weeks to get the test results for the "driver and filipina" and the travel authorizations.

Perhaps a quick trip to Bogo could satisfy your needs as in the best of times the supply exceeds the demands for "employees".

Best of luck on your endeavors!

shakey aka John

5. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163

WeDo Trucking Services travels between Dumaguete and Mendaue City, often. Our travel papers restrict us to 24 hours, on Cebu, to return to Negros before the 14 day quarantine kicks in. We could take a passenger but the passenger would involve an all new set of papers to do that.
    Sorry we are unable to help.
    Wishing you good luck in your efforts in getting her there. This covid19 really SUCKS world wide and a real pain in WeDo's :mooning:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i am told by two different friends in mandaue/lapu 2 x they expect new policies in two days, july 15. maybe!!!!

7. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    It's not surprising :o o: :confused: :wink: :wacky: is it.