Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Best Posts in Thread: Driver's license renewal in advance

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was in LTO in Dumaguete to renew my driving license back in in november last year, all went smooth. Come back in feb. and pick plastic card up, I went there, yes it's ready sir, go next counter and get a schedule. Lady there told me, you can come back in end of july to pick your new driving license up, lol. It's not a problem, as long I have old license and paper with temporary license, just funny how things done here. Anyone else try this ?

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Did my license renewal this week:
    Wed - 10.30 to 11.15, did the drug / alcohol test. Cost P550
    Thurs - 07.55 to 08.15, arrived with the completed application form (downloaded) and test papers. Did the photo / thumbprint,paid and received the receipt/temp licence. Come back next week for the plastic. Cost P656.
    A pain free experience.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Brendan

Brendan DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +59 / 9
    Hi everyone,

I applied to get a driving license conversion 2 1/2 weeks ago, had 3 visits there in total.

After answering all the same questions I had answered the last two visits and getting my photo and prints taken again,I was shown by the very jolly fella behind his screen what looked liked a brand spanking new machine that spits out your plastic license in 60 seconds ,which it did.
    And the new license lasts for 5 years.

• Genius Genius x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They have the plastic cards in robinsons now for renewals,you need to fill out a short form before hand. You can get the plastic the same day but they only issue so many per day so you need to get there early to get your number.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    After getting stopped for lack of plastic cards a few times over the past year at the LTO/Daro door by the girl who does the initial check of the paperwork, I went there Monday morning and she handed my a form to fill out. When I completed it, she stapled my "official receipt"/driver license to the form and sent me to counter 2. I thought at long last I was going to get my real license. HAH!

After waiting for a bit over an hour, I was called up to Counter 4 to complete the transaction. The pleasant man sat me down in front of a monitor screen and said I should double-check the info as he entered it. We got halfway through and he stopped and said: "I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot complete this for you. When you received your license it was for a 3-year period, and now licenses are given for a 5-year period. I can only process 5-year licenses and yours must be up for renewal before you can go on the 5-year program." My license renews in July, 2019.

I asked to talk to the Chief, and she was very nice and apologetic. She told me the same story, and that the girl at the door should have caught that and sent me home for another 16 months. She said they no longer get the plastic blanks to print the 3-year renewals and they are different than the 5-year blanks. Which they don't have anyway. And they don't have the machine yet to print on the 5-year blanks.

So, there is no way in hell that I can get the plastic card until I renew for 5 years in July, 2019. Even then, I give it less than 50-50 that they will have the machine by then, if they do that it is still in working order, and if it is that they have the appropriate blanks.

But one thing they did for me that made me fairly happy with the outcome: On the back of my "Official Receipt"/driver license that I have been carrying around for over a year, they imprinted the image that would have been on the plastic card! So now I have my color picture and "driver license" on the back of my receipt. It's something, at least. And they do try to be helpful.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Driving in a Foreign Country: What You Need to Know | HuffPost

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1