Dumaguete Info Search

KEY Thread Driving in the Philippines and Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Mar 17, 2016.

1. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its just the usual one that parks at the petron garage (amlan terminal), just the normal suzuki jeepney

2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Does anyone have a link or know where to get a driving manual so my wife can at least read it before taking her test? (I think they do administer a test for new licences) All I have been able to find was a couple sample tests - without correct answers provided. The LTO office was no help either.

3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I
    I have looked online and did not find anything. If you get an instruction book from any western country it would probably cover most of the road rules.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hmmmmmmm Don't use the UK "Highway Code" or any other right drive Countries, the test here (Written) is Multi choice based on US Standards, My mate failed only last week and he thought at 50+ he was a good Driver, 24/40 Bad he said Bad!:banghead:

5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I took the sample test with her and failed also. There were a couple signs I have never seen, questions about default speed limits on certain roads, and following distance question with answers of 1, 1.5, 2 car lengths behind without and reference to speed for example. Definitely need the Filipino answers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek:Just as a matter of Interest, there is a Driving Centre that may be able to help, It is called the "CRISPA" technical Training Centre in Daang Tayayan, Calindagan,
    4225026 (038) 510 0617 or 0906 857037
    Just a Thought :wink:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The Phils is also a country that co-signed the Vienna convention on road traffic. It can be downloaded from the internet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I failed the California written test twice, I was a resident of the state of Texas, I finally asked for the handbook because if I failed again I couldn't take the test again for 30 days. I leafed through the manual and scored 100%. Point being that laws between different states in the US are nowhere near uniform.One of the questions was passing a standing school bus that was not offloading passengers, in Texas max speed would be 15 mph and in California it was 20 mph. Even though my answers would have been safer, they were still technically wrong.

9. posterart

posterart DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hahahaha I am a new member , but have had experience with driving ( had a accident on a motorcycle 15 MPH broken ankle ) motorcycle cab u - turn collision . Owwww ! Survived but saw many accidents , pinoy in flip flops , texting while driving and unfortunately saw a major bus accident . A accident for a local pinoy can bankrupt a family for years .

10. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yesterday we parked beside the BPI ATM in Sumillon Ave, we were looking for Chintilli which has closed.
    Parking is nose in meaning one must back out. Once we ready to go after failing to find where Chintilli moved to we found it impossible. Attempting to reverse out resulted in almost knocking over brain dead totally idiot XRM boys, stupidity I have never seen the likes of before.
    Eventually my partner (just 5.4) got out tried to stop some traffic, totally ignored. It was like their life depended on flying down that part of the road. I just parked up where we were, said unless we have help we shall just stay here, alternatively we will knock an idiot off his bike.

After some 10 minutes one of those self employed traffic parking boys stopped traffic, received his tip and away we went.