Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: driving licence conversion

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    In 2017 they refused to give me one even though I had a full year's BB waiver. It was not because it was a waiver but because they said it was not a BB! The dates on it showed a full year's validity.

Pointless arguing with idiots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 333
    This won't clarify the situation and i don't know anybody who could but this is a comment i previously posted regarding the subject,

This might be off topic as it does not concern names but it is about how rules are interpreted, when i wanted to convert my foreign driving license the woman who checks the paperwork told me i have to have been in the country between 6 - 9 months before i can do that, i said where does it say that on the LTO website ? all it says is that after 90 days you must convert to a Philippine license, i never really got an answer to that but was repeatedly told that was the rule in a louder and louder voice until the security guard started looking nervous which sometimes goes with itchy trigger finger syndrome.
    I tried to reason with her by asking if that means after 90 days i have to stop driving until another 3 months passes, that does not make sense, again no real answer so after realising i was up against a brick wall i gave up and complied with HER rule. :banghead:

Best of luck when you go to the LTO (and remember they now have a dress code)

• Like Like x 2