Dumaguete Info Search

DTI in Quezon Park selling ICC helmet stickers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cutie ladybug, Jul 11, 2012.

1. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A friend of mine once told me if you have to have a reason or excuse for doing something you might want to rethink it. Doing the right thing doesn't need any reasons or excuses, or justifications for that matter. This law is FULL of reasons, excuses AND justifications and is doomed to fail, miserably and not before causing much hardship on the ones it was (supposedly) designed to protect.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Can't wait to see their reaction when I apply for my sticker

[​IMG]

3. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0

Attached Files:

4. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It wasn't so long ago that full face helmets were close to being outlawed due to shootings and general lawlessness being perpetrated by the criminal element. Sometimes I feel like we are in a legal roulette wheel. Except no one wins and the taxpayer contiues to lose.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    "Worlwide statistics would show that most vehicular accidents are caused by motorcycle accidents."

Where DO they come up with this stuff?

LOL.

Larry

6. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Well, strange that my german helmet passed the inspection with no problem. (However, it came from the US, did have a DOT and an E-3 sticker below the original clear coat and in the helmet's specifications, it meets and exceeds the US DOT safety standard DOT FMVSS 218. Guess even the D.T.I. can't argue w/that.

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    the next fine IS!

OK! so Mr Ramos gets his way, Some how, some day all wear the helmets. NOW! the next round will be, to get every one to do the chin strap up. On my visit to town today I walked. Hard to put a figure on it but I would say, 90% of those I looked particularly at, did not have the helmet done up at all. Now there is not a lot of good having the helmet on, if it is not secured, I guess this will be the next finable issue. I even saw full faced helmets just perched on top of 2 lads heads. When you are out and if you are as inquisitive as me, just have a look for 5/6 mins and see how many you count.

Yes I am a little bored but it does make you think. What is the point here.

JP.

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    To Jack's point, does anyone actually know if they will implement the helmet rule to the full letter of the law: No flip flops, sandals, shorts, etc?
    I mean how many locals own anything for their feet other than flip flops (not a negative charge, just facts). Myself, I think I only have one pair of jeans that fit me.
    Standby for the goat rodeo.

9. ReBelBiKeR

ReBelBiKeR DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    oh it is mate. from the dti offices' giving out of stickers, and most likely in the streets when the lto would start throwing their weight around... tsk tsk, the people's gonna suffer for this. well partly their fault also, they've been told to wear helmets ever since but all they wanted was extension after extension after...

and what's more amusing is, im hearing some buzz around here that - in dumaguete - its gonna be moved again to december LMAO!

for the latest update in the local implementation of the helmet law, as advised by an MRO lawyer, the best way to check is to visit the RTC (regional trial court) public announcement boards for any adjustments, because they are the ones who'd finally approve these.

i just bought a new helmet today from spyder, time to get rid of my 2 substandards...

10. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Got stickers on my 2 well used HJC helmets today, the lady doing the inspectin' told me the "clip" was missin' from the chin strap.

Then I showed her how the double D rings worked.

She was impressed....

Helmet inspections....more fun in the Philippines.