Dumaguete Info Search

#DumaGeTmE is the new Dumaguete branding

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by juanachange, Aug 31, 2017.

1. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    There's already plenty of, as you put it, "normal" tourists here. The BI offices are packed during tourist seasons. As far as retirees go; good for them! Why be old and alone. Most retirees here live a low profile life with their mates. Just a very small percentage like to parade their gf's in skimpy outfits along the seawall - for example.

As far as the new slogan, it didn't conjure up thoughts of dating/nightlife in my mind. More like; Dumaguete; get to know me.

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Or it could mean "get me some snatch"?
    Urban Dictionary: snatch

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I can't see it.

As a retiree I spend as much in 3 months as many single male tourists spend on a single 10 day visit, but that tourist is only a drain on the infrastructure (traffic, water, electric, Internet etc) for 10 days while I am using the infrastructure 365 days a year. Based on that info, my guess is that 1 single male tourist contributes more to the Dumaguete economy than 9 average male retirees.

4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ah well, I get your point Dave, but let's see.
    I may be not so "average", but in the last three months (and one of those I wasn't even in the Philippines) I spent around 200,000 here. That money pays for a host of stuff and services from the public market, from vendors at road stalls, from local caterers for the occasional party, about a dozen restaurants, it pays for education and health services, car repair, hair/nail salons and much more.
    Tourists typically don't spread their money among merchants /service providers, they spend it mostly on resorts and airplane tickets. And yes resorts and airlines employ personnel, but I would say most of their money will line the pockets of the few.
    Economic theory says that money will then get spent again by those who received it, and yes of course that is what happens. Except, "the few" typically get to belong to "the few" by not spending most of their money.
    Besides, the average tourist isn't exclusively single and male, and won't be spending that amount of money in 10 days, far from it.
    Therefore we must agree to disagree I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You make some valid points. It all depends on the individual people. Some tourists really contribute to the economy and some just bring a back pack and minimal cash. Ditto on the retirees. Wonder what kind DumaGeTmE will bring in?

6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Very good points, never thought of it that way before, so; every 3 months I also contribute around 200,000php into the economy here... :o o:
    Now if only I could work out how to contribute that into a secret Bank Account and still live here, "It would be more fun in the Philippines!" :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Jim Franklin

Jim Franklin DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    #DumaGeTmE?! What???? I had no clue what this means until I read the posts here...and I still don't know what the message is....
    Dumaguete...City of Smiles...I want to go there!

8. CatchyChick

CatchyChick DI New Member Secured Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just wait somebody will #DumaGetYou

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    juanachange

juanachange DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 5
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This is a very good movie though! :banghead: :laugh:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    [​IMG]
    GET ME? :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1