Dumaguete Info Search

dumaguete a MECCA for Expats?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by JoeMabini, Dec 21, 2010.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Who are you?
    There are probably a couple thousand posts on this forum on this subject.

2. navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My wife's from Dumaquete to ! :smile:

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Missed this Thread for a while...
    Some good answers from forum members..I note mookie's question is also his/her first post and reading some replies about land prices etc, I think it was a serious question.The description and statement by Joe Mabini as to the way life use to be in US would also fit the same for the UK forty years ago. However nothing stands still and as soon as you discover "Paradise" so do the rest of the World :wink:

4. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Who are you?
    I've read probably a couple of thousand posts on this forum on this subject and I'm still not sure why I've lived here for the last 23 years.:D

5. mookie1

mookie1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for your warm and friendly reply, so this is how I'll be treated in Duma.

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Stick around matey

Hey mookie, maybe a little more info about yourself will go a long way to finding the answers you require don't judge us all by this thread regards......JB

7. mookie1

mookie1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    A little bit about myself (been sugested)since I'm new to this.
    I'm a retired building contractor from New York,and Florida. I'm planing on relocating within 2 weeks ...to Dumaguete...I recieved mostly good reports from just one friend who lives there...
    I play tennis here in Bangkok where I've lived for the past 5 years...I don't know of any tennis courts or Fitness ctrs in Duma....these are just some of the questions I need to get answers to....all help is good help.

8. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Mookie, sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you, merely asking for an intro which you provided.
    There are fitness centers here in Dgte and an outdoor tennis facility behind the capital. What other info can we help you with?

9. mookie1

mookie1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This say's alot about you, i guess it was just an overreaction on my part...
    I 'm happy to know you and thanks again for the info.:smile::smile:

10. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Mookie, this forum and the posts on here are extremely helpful for persons considering locating here and settling in if you do. There is a search capability on the top you can use to bring information you may be seeking closer to you as opposed to going through all the posts.
    Rereading my first post to you, it does read arrogant, bad on me.