Dumaguete Info Search

Emergency Dumaguete Airport/ Million peso tree/ overnight parking

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by contrail, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    I know Atty Dy and IMO he is a good Atty/man. He is simply working for his clients and what THEY WANT. At least that is the way he dealt with us. I trust Atty Dy and will probably use his services again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    I hope it doesn't move to Bacong. Can't they just extend it in the other direction into the ocean. No idea if it's feasible, but lots of other airports have been built that way. Look at the Chinese. :o o:

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They have money.....and more of it probably goes towards the actual construction material and not into the pockets of crooked politicians/construction companies. (I'm sure they have plenty of that but.....take a ride down any newly concreted highway here and you'll see, no, you'll feel, how it little of the money actually goes towards construction.)

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Google is your friend
    Point goes to Jack Peterson

5. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Would the question be then if the tree was cut, and flew through the air as it plummeted to the ground, would the tree speed be measured in knots or mph/kph ?
    Maybe if no one cuts the tree we would not have to worry about the unit of measurement because either ways it would measured as "zero" if the tree does not move. Just thinking...

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Neither. Vertical speed is measured feet per minute.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    D*mn this speed calculation stuff is getting complicated... whatever happened to "like a bat out hell" unit of measurement for speed which worked for me most of the time in the past; as in "the coconut fell from the tree fell like a bat out of hell, hitting me on the head, consequently causing me to lose all perception whether it was moving in "vertical feet per second", "mph/kph" or "knots". All I know is the d*mn coconut hit me on the head, and I really do not care about the speed of the coconut, I only care about how fast the knot is building up on my head. I do think the knot speed of growth would be measured in "vertical feet per second" if I was still standing upright. Am I catching on to these speed measurement concepts?

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    No .. All that stuff means is that you shouldn't have been standing under the coconut tree lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    It will when some take something out of Context. When we are trained (All be it 40+ years for me) we learn. So when Adverse reports on landing Gear Brakes should always be related to mph, (their theory is, Wheels on the ground, mph) That was a given order from Ground Engineering so that's what you do. Give the report in mph. Now we all know, that Airspeed is calculated in knots but for me, I have always used GS in mph as per Orders This seems to have been Misunderstood or misinterpreted that's OK with me each to our own, carry on but to say I have used the Wrong Terminology sorry, I disagree.
    If it is still not to some's agreement, then the Doubting Thomas's can explain this to us all.:
    http://www.therichest.com/business/technology/the-10-fastest-passenger-planes-in-history/?view=all

As you can see mph is used. For me it's done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.