Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Dumaguete City named best place to retire in Philippines for 2018 ....

1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Traffic could be improved a good deal by enforcing laws and hiring a traffic engineer that didn’t get his diploma from a fixer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Will agree on prices are just a joke in this city now,nowhere else on the island from what ive seen especially for food. And as for the traffic its just one big joke,the only way to cure that prob is have a system like the mmda in manila,that would cure a huge amount of it and get alot of the garbage off the road.
    As for noreco theres not really any answer for a monopoly!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I know I for one would pick up and head someplace else in the RP if could find one more suitable. Problem is the options are very limited. Dumaguete was much nicer 7-8 years ago when I first came here and since there has been little in improvements beyond no brownout every other weekend. Traffic is insane, we still don't have a decent mall, beaches which were alright before getting even worse, seems even fewer good restaurants and more mediocre ones.

As of now Dumaguete has the congestion of a big city, the shopping of a little city, and still the prices of a big city are getting closer and closer daily. However I like probably many of you see a few simple changes or at least should be simple to improve traffic and congestation but nothing will ever be done here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Says more about how bad other places are.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It's intriguing to me that a company like SM doesn't put a mall in Banilad. The central location in a catchment area of Dumaguete, Valencia, Bacong, Dauin, and Sibulan would seem to make it a good spot for a profitable enterprise. If they have the foresight to actually anticipate that cars need to park somewhere, I bet Robinson would quickly become a near ghost town.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It won't be a better place for long if you keep telling people that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I dont know where you had that ecperiences here in the Philippines?
    My experiences are exactly the opposite!
    Only a lot of foereigners behave respectless, arrogant and even in a kind of racism here in Dumaguete!
    Espacially they are members of a nation, thinking beeing the biggest in the world - without any reason!:bonkers:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Sorry, I agree but too late. Pandorra’s Box has been open with perhaps questionable ratings and I see many new faces daily at the mall.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have been here 4 years now and in that time I have watched my Brother In-law (who is a Tricycle Driver in Dumaguete) suffer continual sinus problems with a persistent cough that never goes away. I have never seen him without his rag, constantly blowing his nose, coughing or spitting up, it never ends. His older Brother also drove Tricycles for more than 10 years and was the same, but has spent the past two years in Manila as a Family Driver driving a Car. He recently visited back home and his health has improved greatly. Before, he was the same as his younger Brother with a cough and persistent runny nose. Now he is fine and says he will never go back to driving in Dumaguete! I know just the one day I spend in Dumaguete City each month has a similar effect on me with sinus/breathing problems, sticky throat, sore eyes and bad headache. Live there fulltime, NO THANK YOU! :grumpy:

I live in Zamboanguita (Maluay) and feel the same way regards the fresh air compared to the City. The more greenery that surrounds me the happier I am! :woot:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Always best to get into a place while it is improved enough to live comfortably but before they ask P10,000 sq m for a lot.

• Agree Agree x 4