Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete City named best place to retire in Philippines for 2018 ....

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by tuba-coma, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes and on top of Mount Talinis clean air

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Zambo2017

Zambo2017 DI New Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

pensionist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Valencia is one of the cleanest and safest cities in the Philippines with income class 1!
    Because we are about 300m above sea level, we have far more comfortable temperatures than in Dumaguete and clean air is not only high in the mountains!
    All people, whether individuals, salesmen or officers are very friendly and helpful.
    We live here for 2 years and it is no comparison with Dumaguete! Anyway, we are only in about 5 minutes on Hypermarket or Robinson.

• Like Like x 1
  3. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! Ahhhh.. nothing like the smell of ecoli on the rocks in the mornings.... evenings.... and nights. Dumaguete you are number one.... and number two...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    yes, the valencia plaza area is kept clean but clean air; that isn't what my windows indicate. and it's a rare day when i don't close my doors several times to lessen the smoke inside the house.

and the plaza area and the road i live on can rival downtown duma for motorcycle noise at times, especially during the evening rush hour and weekends.

i do like the coolness and agree that the people are friendly but the air (smoke and noise) depends on what area of town a person lives in.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yep, so how about that Dumaguete City? Great place to retire don't ya think?

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That's one reason I don't live there and many more :smile:

7. Zambo2017

Zambo2017 DI New Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

pensionist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    That's right, because nobody force somebody to stay exactly on the main roads or in the center of a city. So I would say 95% of Valencia is mostly free from noise and smoke and has a wonderful climate for us European and others!

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do you remember what Valencia was like 5 years ago? 10 years ago? It won't remain quiet, cool, pollution free and cheaper than Dumaguete for much longer. All it will take is for one retirement article to be published in a major magazine/paper and it will go completely to sh*t, even more than it already has. The more you post about it the higher the chances some writer is going to run across your opinion and start investigating for an article. You aren't shooting yourself in the foot here, you are pointing the gun right at your head.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. adegans

adegans DI Junior Member

Webdeveloper
    Ratings:
    +23 / 4
    Are they? Or are they just rebuilding after each storm?

Personally I think Dumaguete is above average or smaller cities/towns. But It's not at all a nice place to retire or live... So if this is the best, I shudder to think about what's the worst, or even in the middle... :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    those face masks do zero to filter car fumes or cigarette smoke. need a real respirator mask for anything smaller than dust particles.

• Informative Informative x 1