Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete City to get CCTVs before years end

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by OzeMike, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I've seen motorcycles stacked on flatbeds at police check points. But I am not aware they use the trucks for parking enforcement (as they really should.)

2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I can always find a parking spot for the bike, with the car it's different, I confess that I often park illegally and the parking fine yeah yeah guess the leftover coins in my pocket will cover it, never get a parking fine in the car though

• Like Like x 1
  3. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It is fairly easy to find a place to park a motorcycle, even a place that doesn't interfere with the passage of pedestrians, or other vehicles. The motorcycles that need to be impounded are the ones parked on the sidewalks, or even worse, across the sidewalks. Fines don't really work for the reason you cited...they are relatively painless. Having to spend an entire day jumping through bureaucratic hoops to get one's (likely) damaged bike back will cure the problem of parking on the sidewalk in short order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I remember a few years back i parked the truck in a space at matio,was only in there about 20 mins,came out and a bike had parked across the back of the truck.
    Easy answer to this was walk the bike down to the next junction and around the corner,i hope it took some time for him to find it. As they say in the uk the lights are on but nobody is home.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    In the case of a motorcycle, here the lights are likely to not be on, either. Literally and figuratively.

You were kind to hide the bike. I would have moved it into the traffic lane and let it block so I could back out. Then leave it there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1