Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete has zero covid for a month now

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Glendazumba, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Makes me feel better walking around without my mask on, of course there is no one within say 10 or 20 feet of me when I do it. Of course wear it when in crowded places. Australia said that this years flu season wasn't that bad and they attributed it to people wearing masks.

Then again, we could end up like the guy at the corner of 42nd St and Lexington in NY who just stood there snapping his fingers all day everyday. Finally someone asked why he did that. He said to keep the elephants away. The other person said there aren't any elephants here. The guy said see, it's working.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    If a person never shows any signs/symptoms of the disease but has been infected with the virus (as an antibody test might show) then that person is asymptomatic. But if that person shows no symptoms at the time of examination but has antibodies (possibly) and later does develop the disease then he/she is pre-symptomatic. Very confusing as an asymptomatic could get a second infection and become a pre-symptomatic or a symptomatic and antibodies may or may not be detectable.

Best to think of us all as 'symps' (covering all three above) and take personal care on that assumption.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

a symph is also a man who places importance on a womans irrational problems in the hopes of getting laid. look it up!!

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I checked - that IS a definition of a symp (which is what I guess you meant). Also "a guy who acts all tough like he doesn't care about his girlfriend around his friends but acts all whipped in front of his girlfriend." I think the two might be connected.

I think that is what I meant when I said "Best for us all to be symps" (or something similar :smile: )

Btw, I used my 3000th message to reply to this - I am now expecting delivery of my AWARD, something like a new car or World cruise. I will let you know.

Just keep on topic. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    100% in agreement with you—-better treat each one with a bit of suspicion by complying with basic health practices.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Are there any studies that show reinfection has been happening on any meaningful scale?

7. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I don't think there are many cases BUT if asymptomatics get reinfected then in most cases we would not know. The only figures will be those who had the disease, apparently recovered and then got a second dose. But this is unclear as no one really knows if it is due to a different strain (e.g. the common cold being caused by a variety of viruses, mostly corona and rhino, and within those groups are many strains) or weak immune response from the first infection or originally a false diagnosis (if not based on scientific testing or inaccurate testing).

The answers are out there but I really don't think, in spite of all the help the Forum has given the World on this subject ( :smile: ), that there are many clear answers on any of this.

It will take years to figure it all out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went for a hearing test and the doctor said, what are the symptoms.. I said the fat man is homer and the women with blue hair is marge.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    True - it has no choice.