Dumaguete Info Search

Review Dumaguete is not the best place to retire.

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Ares Alexakis, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Ares Alexakis

Ares Alexakis DI New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I live here now because l love natures but people here and services are like dead.

I live here for more than one year now. And the way l see it its NOT the best place to retire. How can it be the best place to retire?

1) I have traveled around Philippines and ive never seen such arrogant people like in dumaguete, look how aggressively the way they drive? If they have big cars they think they are the king of the world. Even tricycle drivers they don't look while they cross or maneuvers. They stop everywhere to pick up passengers they don't respect traffic signage. Most drivers cannot wait their turn they always want to be the one to go first. Most of all the noisy tricycle vehicle mufflers or smoke Belchers. I don't know if they do it on purpose to annoy people but imagine if all tricycles and motorbikes have the normal sound of these thing, how peaceful it can be?
    2) bad services to almost every establishments.
    a.) the services in general, the way they serve and talk to you they never smile, they are not friendly at all. Or simply not trained or never have the pleasant attitude at all. The way they serve is dead.
    b.) restaurant: they never bring you water on the table which it should be AUTOMATIC. They seems sleepy every time you order, they don't get you once, you need to repeat and when they repeat the order, its wrong and if its correct they bring you a wrong orders or its not the same taste anymore or don't have a good taste at all.
    Staffs here in Dumaguete have lacks of all the right attitude to serve people /customers.
    For example, you're looking for something inside lee plaza's department store, they just say 'no more' or 'out of stock'' they never offer help to find alternatives.
    Its very different how establishments do here in Dumaguete than in Luzon.
    In luzon the way they serve you makes your day.
    3) MOST OF ALL, unreasonable price increase of foods and services.
    Did these establishments know what they are doing?
    Do they know the rules about price increase and how to apply them?
    You cannot increase the prices the way you want. There's rules and limits.
    How can you increase the price now then next few months?
    Mind you, they increase from 10% to almost 60%.
    Almost all establishment are MATERIALISTIC, they are just happy to increase the price but not to serve you.
    Establishments should start to think HOW TO SERVE PEOPLE and NOT HOW TO GET MONEY FROM PEOPLE.
    Of course the reason why establishments exist because they want to make money, BUT please GIVE VALUE to our money.
    You increase the price? And then what services do we get? Nothing, no improvements. Not even a smile.

And as l said l traveled around the Philippines and guess what, i have never seen alot of denominations like here in Dumaguete. If l have to count it l guess 500 to 1500 denominations if im not mistaken. Imagine just by traveling from Dumaguete downtown to Valencia i have counted almost a hundred denominations. Its probably the reason why most staffs here in Dumaguete are sleeping while working (example cashier in leeplaza). Because their church says, God will make a way.

Don't be a martyr of your church because every denomination is a business and they do everything to brainwash people to increase members to make more money and to have more power.

Always remember, God will make a way ONLY when there seems to be no way. It means that God will assist you ONLY if he sees you deserving for it. You have to work hard to earn it. Example, you love the apple and you are waiting for it to fall down from the tree. If you are not doing something to get it, there's nothing will happen. So you have to climb to get it. God will not help you if you are sleeping. So wake up. Ask his guidance to do good to everyone and be thankful for everyday.

I guess l need a book to right everything about Dumaguete.

Dumaguete has no basic, not even close. High-priced with low level of service. Where is the justice?

Dumaguete has no basics, not even close.

Dumaguete has to STOP increasing the prices like crazy instead START building enough infrastructures and improve services. Or else Dumaguete will collapse.

So now, Dumaguete is not the best place to retire. Never.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #43 by ChMacQueen, Feb 2, 2019 (4 points)
    Alternative Answers:
  3. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    I gather you don't like it then lol!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  4. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Guess we live with it or leave, up to you really. Rather think your post is stating the obvious though. You think it's bad now for services, facilities etc etc, you should have been here 30 years ago. Times, places & people change, not always for the better, but also don't believe everything the media hype say about this town is true. If one likes the idiosyncrasies of a place, then one stays, if one doesn't then one moves on, simple.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. OP
    OP
    Ares Alexakis

Ratings:
    +21 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Excuse me.
    I am not most foreigners who accept a high priced with a low service. I am a Filipino and as a Filipino, the way l see it dumagute is not with gentle people. They're aggressive. Like example, Try to not let them cross your way on the road while driving and you'll see their hatred faces like they own the world.

The problem is that if each of us would react to every thing that is NOT right then things would change for the better. Theres no excuse needed. But instead everyone seems just accepting everything and anything. So no one/establishment would change or relaized that they're doing something unreasonable because nobody cares to say anything so they dont improve. Of course its not about the price. I believe everything has the RIGHT PRICE. If you increase, follow the increaee law. And if you increase, increase the services as well so the money l/we pay has value.
    Its not about taking it or leaving it. I am a filipina and l have the right to demand that equals the price that l pay. Its better they call me koripot than stupid.

Dumaguete has to change Big time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45

7. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    If you want the things to be here like they are at home wherever that may be then you should stay at home, learn to adjust and adapt. Don,t waste your energy on things you have no control over.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    maybe you woulda feela not so bitter if you started a church, you could call it church of no hope, and serve cheese, wine, and fresh vegtables from the market at services.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  9. OP
    OP
    Ares Alexakis

Ratings:
    +21 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Church of no hope you have a bright idea. If you open a church by that name you would excel. Because it seems everyone here in Dumaguete, like for example restaurants who serve food for pigs., if you eat like a pig then you become a pig as well.
    Or if everybody doesnt care what's happening in the place they live in, they become just number not human. Human interacts. We are not animals.
    But everyone should contribute, eveyone should care for everything around them to have a better place to live in. You need to correct whats wrong and live the right way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Ares Alexakis

Ratings:
    +21 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    . . the sad thing is that most people think that it's out of our control. We are just complacent and lazy to do something. Imagine if everyone cares?
    The problem is that we are so fixed that theres nothing we can do about it.

So if they serve you like a pig that's fine with you?

We are not pigs we are human.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Oh my! What breaking news! :rolleyes:

I take it you didn't do your research prior to making the trip or followed this forum. Your OP here is basically just copypasta of every single complaint that has been made on this forum since it was created.

I hope you didn't just read the Forbes article and say to yourself, "Gee whiz, I'll pack up my things and move to Dumaguete ASAP!"

It seems you have moved around the country quite a bit. You might just be best served with moving on to another city. I can assure you that the exact same complaints made previously here made little to no change to the way businesses operate or how traffic flows in the city. If you want to rant, well, go right ahead. Most of the members here have done so to relieve a bit of stress that living in Dumaguete will almost certainly bring. However, it is best to avoid making sweeping accusations against the local and expat communities. Chances are that most people are just as annoyed with it as you are.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1