Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete needs a new mall

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And they wrote "the City has appreciated the donastion by the Cimafranca clan of a 10-meter wide road lot behind the GSIS to exit to the City Mall and EJ Blanco extension. The new road has just been opened."

Opened my foot! They have just started it!

2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What world do you live in? Maybe you just joking, stop signs, whats that? You even ask for driving lessons to qualified for a driving license, sorry don't believe that will happen in near future

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Maybe but the majority of Casablanca’s customers are locals so it would be interesting. I’m sure those chains would do their due diligence market research before making the investment. A Burger King would suffice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe he wants to have his cake and eat it too.
    I think they should keep away from fast food franchises. I prefer my women on the thinner side. They joke about us westerners for being fat, but they don't seem to understand how we got that way.

5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It's not a "big national chain," but a smaller southeastern US chain called "Pollo Tropicale" would probably do very well here. Cuban style fast food....I really miss the black beans and rice. They offer plaintains in various forms and, of course, grilled chicken. Tons of white rice, too, and much more! If I had a restaurant background, I would open one myself.

Fast-food pseudo-Mexcian might do well, also. A Chipotle restaurant would probably work, too, since their menu is also rice-based.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'd love an SM City personally. Get some decent cloths male and female that isn't the same boring drab that fills Robinsons for women and never has size for many of us westerners. Get a few more food choices besides the same old crap mcdoc, jollibee's, chow king, and mang inisal (burger king and maybe a couple other western food franchises). Get a supermarket that actually brings in a better selection of foreign stuff like cheeses (I'd kill for some Muenster and pepper jack), maybe a few decent deli meats, maybe some decent lettuce like romaine lettuce. Just some of the things that you can get in Cebu and even sometimes in Bacolod. I also want to run this POS Robinsons were stuck with into the ground and force them to either close up or fix their crap up actually thinking about customer wants rather then just controlling what the city has so as to keep the business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You might not get what you want. Not all SM Malls are created equal. Malls just provide a space for local businesses to lease to sell their crap. You are only going to get what the local market can provide.

And it would be "rarely Dumaguete". I've been to many SM malls in smaller cities and their lineup is akin to what you find in Robinsons...and sometimes not even that. They may bring in a few extra Filipino franchises that follow them around or are contracted with them but none of them are really anything to write home about.

Is this English? Maybe my brain is broke today as this just isn't registering as a sentence I can comprehend.

8. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I understood it, but there is a definite punctuation challenge involved in the post.

9. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    City Mall has been such a disappointment. Robinsons must be laughing their butts off. The only worthwhile store in there is Ace Hardware. I thought it would be nice having two more theater screens, but last time I was there it appeared only one was operational. And who designs a movie theater with no Comfort Rooms available? If you "need to go," you have to walk clear across to the other end of the mall (or nearly so.) Some architect actually got paid to produce that design! Must have gotten his/her license from a fixer.

10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    My wife buys lettuce which she tells me is romaine - she gets it from a market near the crossroads where a Mercury is located and up from the big Cang's.

• Informative Informative x 1