Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete the best City to live?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by robin50, May 26, 2010.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Yea! And instead of seeing a bunch of white guys sitting outside you would be seeing a bunch of (sunburned) red guys! :D

[​IMG]

2. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Robin50, You have a lot to learn about Dumaguete. Don't judge a book by its cover. The medical situation in Dumaguete really sucks. Even the locals that have enough money to travel will go to Manila for medical treatment cause the doctors and nurses don't know sh*t. Don't drink the water !!! You will be sorry sooner or later !! I'm not going to knock Dumaguete down, but crime is not low so please get your facts streight before you open your big mouth and catch nothing but flies in it. Keep your money and credit cards in your front pockets and don't trust anyone. There are beggers that will hound you and even follow you for money. There are brown outs and you will soon learn that. You don't need to put 10 years under your belt in Dumaguete to figure things out. Spend 1 year and your eyes will open up about the good and the bad about this funky little city.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :confused: After all this! You still live here,:rolleyes:What keeps you in Dumaguete Steve,:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

4. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    GOOD one...!:wink:

5. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What keeps me in Dumaguete is my wife,my family. I made my choice for personal reasons and don't have to justify it to you or anyone else. Life is full of choices and that should be respected. Dumaguete is not the perfect place in the Philippines, but people need to stop telling lies and do their research and get the story streight.

6. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    okey - you don't have to 'justify' it to 'us' but you already gave your verdict about the city.

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :confused: No one asked you to Justify anything, Robin50 made his choice too so please respect that, if he is wrong then He will find out, your attack on him was totally unwarranted.:smile:

Jack P.:cool:

8. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your going to be blowing smoke at everyone here, then expect negative feedback. I can see that many people here don't agree with Robin's opinion. Defending a person that is clearly wrong and misguided is pointless. I am a blunt person and I say what I mean. A messege to my very few critics, you don't get any brownie points this time.

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :confused:I take it you Breakfast at McDonalds:eek:

10. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Folks, if you think Dumaguete is bad, try living in Angeles.

In Dumaguete, So far I have left my computer (in a bag) at the airport, it was returned to me by the police. Bloody amazing. Yesterday I left my IPhone at a shop, went back an hour later and they came out with a big smile to give it to me before I got off the bike. No one wanted a "tip" or anything

If that were manila or angeles, kiss em both good bye.

Yes there is a down side to every place, of course, common sense must prevail.

Sydney, a great city, has some pretty ugly places you would not walk at night, so does New York, so does every city. Every City has beggars and lazy people who want to make an easy living.

Dumaguete, no guns, honest traffic enforcers who appear to enforce most of the traffic rules and at leas I have not been scammed yet by one (I am amazed), honest people, did I say no guns?? People here have done so much to help me relocate here and no one has had their hand out, I often feel embarrassed.

The Mayor of Angeles runs around with a security detachment of 5 heavily armed vehicles. I believe the Mayor here drives himself around, or goes with some buddies. WOW!

I sleep a lot better here at night than I ever have in Angeles or Manila, or Cebu for that matter. (Have lived in all of them)