Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Dumaguete Water Department (DCWD) Going Private?

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    At least the government is somewhere accountable to the people through elections. A publicly traded company is only accountable to their share holders....and all they want is money.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The new water company told me my arrears is actually money that they owe the old administration due to revenue sharing. IE the water bill I paid in February is to be shared with the old company. I fail to understand what it has to do with my account since I am not the one that owes the money. I'll bet less astute consumers are just paying it without question. This will be ongoing until August I was told. The Dumaguete mayor's office should investigate this practice of them putting arrears charges on consumers, when in fact it is a failing of their accounting practices and an obvious money grab.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Latest update to this;

MPIC unit bags Dumaguete water project | Philstar.com

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Such is the Philippines. I'd still rather have utilities be ran by the government....unless there was going to be competition and choice for the water company. The Philippines doesn't need any more regional monopolies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    My understanding was that the freebie pumpout was only good every THREE years, not sure if it's changed since two years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Today my wife found out you CAN'T pay this on a Saturday, Mon to Friday ONLY

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    This was originally in "off topic" but it is way too important (and typical).
    The city of Dumaguete, in its ultimate wisdom, allowed the new company Metro to siphon off the revenue BEFORE the vaulted "Enhanced Customer Service" was ready (surprise!):

The "modern" dot-matrix printers for receipts at DCWD were never re-programmed for the new MDW company, SO, only HAND WRITTEN receipts, creates long lines, DUH....

The company also shut out all the participating banks by NOT setting up payment at the eight "collecting banks" mentioned in the "how to pay your bill" before putting up the pretty new sign in front of the building, thus forcing ALL CUSTOMERS to go to Daro to pay the bill, creates long lines, DUH.... We went to three banks on the list, all said, "no longer here," and one bank officer mentioned that MDW had not even set up bank accounts in which to deposit the money.

Nobody at the new company apparently had a To-Do List to accomplish before sending revenue to Manila. DUMAGUETE WINS AGAIN. The ONLY ONLY ONLY way around this is to be senior, at least MDW realizes that unless they let in the cranky senior ex-pats, all hell will break loose. Senior line is much faster than the other residents. When will Filipinos revolt against long lines at everything ??? At least we've figured out how to pay noreco without going out of the house.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It seems the public knows what happens when you allow utility companies to go private and they want none of it. The mayor seems to be against it as well. How can a city department decide on their own to go private? :o o: Something else must be going on.

• Agree Agree x 2