Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Dutch national gunned down in Misamis Oriental

1. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    Opinions change when you have daughters of your own.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Well done, you have hit the nail on the head, every day at any time of day i can see groups of young men on a street corner, under a tree, on the beach drinking and smoking, where does the money come from ? They obviously do not work (maybe night-shift) so the only thing i can think of is that some poor relative (most likely female) is a domestic slave in Singapore or Hong Kong or worse and sending them money.
    If thats pinoy pride then it's the saddest thing i have seen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    This thread is getting into interesting discussion on the pros and cons of age differences for both the Expat and the Filipina. However it is getting way off topic of the murder of an Expat that could be caused by his "Monger" ways or his drug use. The facts regarding the murder just are not know yet, and probably will never be uncovered by the investigative team that is probably back deeply involved in their local TV programming by this time. The DI forum members will probably never learn the truth of the murder. I would suggest the last few comments on the thread discussing age difference be thrown into new thread... I am sure the discussion will get lively, as there a lot of points of view. Hopefully any discussion will not be too judgmental.
    The new thread will probably last far longer than the murder of another expat thread. Both lines of discussion are good, but do not directly relate in my opinion. Just my thoughts
    @Wrye83
    @DavyL200

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If he was a pedophile (which we don't really know for sure) death would be the wrong sentence. I'd much rather be dead then spend the rest of my life in a filipino prison.

Note: being with a 17 year old does not make him a pedophile. Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children. Not defending his alleged actions but there is a very big difference.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    ChMacQueen posted on this topic that the legal age of consent for a girl is age 12. That is incorrect and could get guys in trouble. Apparently age 12 consent is an old law that has been updated to age 18 for legal consent.
    A few years ago the U.S. Consular in Cebu told me he had 62 Americans in the slammer for sex with underage girls. Poison ivy guys!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    In Denmark they still have the Napoleonic system according to my neighbor.
    I couldn't agree more that disputes civilization and criminal should be settled in a court of law. That's also how I was brought up.
    From what I see here the justice system has failed. A case that is clear cut can take years and a lot of money to settle. For the life of me I can't understand why a family has to prosecute the murderer of a family member.
    Frustration is with the justice system is probably the leading cause of EJK'S.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    What ever, Underage is underage. Some will never learn, although this one did, not that he will remember.
    Hope some lessons are learned here. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Cardboard sign read drug addict and pedophile. He was there to visit a 17 year old girl.

From the article, he had received death threats. If that's not enough to drive you to get the **** out of Dodge, then good luck.

Dutch national gunned down in Misamis Oriental

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    The old guys would maybe be more sad and miserable without them and the girls more sad and miserable without the financial support they definitely would not get from a Filipino, each to their own ! (as long as it's not my daughter)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The investigators can say whatever they like. The video could have been there or could have been planted. You can find out when a file was added or last modified, were they added after he was pronounced dead? It could have been him, it could have been some other white guy screwing an Asian minor. Point is he will never have a chance to defend himself.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2