Dumaguete Info Search

Duterte,consider your positions vacant....

En tråd i 'News and Weather' startet av DavyL200, 21 Aug 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Poeng:
    Sted:
    On an island
    Ratings:
    +5.126 / 466
    MANILA, Philippines – With the exception of his Cabinet secretaries, President Rodrigo Duterte told appointees in all government agencies to vacate their posts due to the continued existence of corruption in their offices.

In a press conference early Sunday morning, August 21, Duterte announced, "On Monday, I would declare all positions in the government....If you are there because of a presidential appointment, I will declare all your positions all throughout the country vacant."

He later explained that the assistants and deputies can take over the posts until a replacement is appointed. Career officials would not be covered by the order.

Duterte expressed his anger over reports of continued corruption in government offices. "Until now, in my provincial visits, I still hear corruption being committed by people, especially in the regulatory agencies," he said.

He then pointed out the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and the Land Transportation Office (LTO) as among the agencies where corruption is still prevalent.

Apparently referring to the LTFRB chief, Duterte instructed him, "Come to me and see me in Malacañang."

As for LTO executives and those appointed there, except for career officials, "Consider your positions vacant as of this hour." Duterte to appointees: Consider your posts vacant

2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Poeng:
    Yrke:
    EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Sted:
    DUMAGUETE
    Ratings:
    +1.296 / 1.129
    Nice one , we just got hooked up in the latest LTO scam 200 p to inspect our car and a little bit more because of a small fault. all of a sudden the stickers have turned up we paid 450 p for them 2 years ago lol

3. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

Poeng:
    Yrke:
    RETIRED
    Sted:
    BATINGUEL
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When the drug money runs out, you have to find another source of income.

• Like Like x 2
  4. alex

Poeng:
    Yrke:
    EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Sted:
    DUMAGUETE
    Ratings:
    +1.296 / 1.129
    i will get a dark tan and a nose job should fix the problem

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Poeng:
    Ratings:
    +2.502 / 1.061
    Where does the Philippine government get its money? I see money going to the government in the form of VAT but I see little being paid as income tax. Google says the main source of revenue is the service industry, like call centers, but I can't see call centers paying for all the money Duterte is spending.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. alex

Poeng:
    Yrke:
    EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Sted:
    DUMAGUETE
    Ratings:
    +1.296 / 1.129
    To add insult to injury we were told to be at lto early monday 22nd to get our long awaited stickers only to be told the man in charge of handing out the stickers was call away to Cebu and we have to come back some other time

7. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Poeng:
    Sted:
    On an island
    Ratings:
    +5.126 / 466
    Don't know why you bother with them mate,not had any for years and no one ever said anything. They can't even give me a plate for a bike I bought over two years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Sist redigert: 22 Aug 2016
  8. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

Poeng:
    Yrke:
    retired
    Sted:
    Amlan, brg, Silab.
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    I just read on a German forum that the Land Transportation Office Chef <Edgar Galvante>gave up his position.

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

Poeng:
    Yrke:
    FIRE
    Sted:
    Valencia
    Ratings:
    +16.069 / 3.795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Gave up" his position? Kinda implies that he had a choice. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Poeng:
    Ratings:
    +1.703 / 884
    Went to BI yesterday. The office was running smoothly as ever and Peter was still there. :smile:

• Like Like x 3
Laster inn...