Dumaguete Info Search

E-Trikes coming to Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, May 5, 2014.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    The key is to think outside the box. The e-trikes need to come with a solar powered charging set up at his home that is built into the price of the trike. During the day the solar panels charge an extra set of batteries and the trike driver swaps them out as needed. It would be a simple matter if they were made to plug in both to the charger and to the trike.

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Most of the trikes are rented by the driver on a daily basis here. The owners many times are the local political elite. The desire to let the driver start their own business is far from the mind of those who presently rent the trikes to the drivers... I do not think there is much more to say... the same government that is trying to save/improve the situation for the environment and drivers is the made up of the politicians who have devised and perfected a method of increasing their own wealth under the present system.

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Thinking outside the box...

Continuing to think outside the box, why not put the solar panels on the roofs of the trikes?

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    [QUOTEThe key is to think outside the box.[/QUOTE]

Thinking outside the box here is nowhere near as easy as it sounds, as to do so requires a heavy dose of logic, a good supply of rationale, and a free flow of common sense, all of which are in desperately short supply, as the draconian restrictive practices ban the import of all three items.

5. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good points, but no sabotage needed....

even with the high number of trikes, many of them are multiple times overloaded, good luck trying that with an electro-motor, overloaded in our stop and stop and stop once more the next meter traffic here. your motor will resign in a week, if it lasts that long

6. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    yes solar on the roof and braking generators not brake shoes / kinetic energy, returning the stopping energy to the batteries, and a down hill run like Velancia would put back a fair wack of energy back into the batteries. But I have to agree with one poster that they will not tolerate overloading as they do now with the gasoline engine, (I personally think the over loading is greed not a necessity, there are many trikes here if not catch a jeep), I honestly don't think E power is the way to go, even in our countries it is a very expensive outlay and the up keep in also high.
    If I recall correctly the cars that run in AU run on 400 volts, with added problems with rescue crews having to isolate the batteries before they can help the victims, they have two cut off switches front and back.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    With the price of electricity and the high taxation of electrical/electronic components here I'm not so sure it would be economically feasible. Throw in a general lack of knowledge when it comes to anything other than a cell phone and a complete inability to do preventative maintenance on pretty much anything....electric vehicles are bound to fail.

And if you think gasoline engines are loud wait until you hear the frequencies that an electric motor can throw out when it is not properly maintained. You had better get used to that annoying "humming" of electric motors charging at night as well. Expect more brownouts as well, the infrastructure can't handle what they currently have, throw in electric vehicles and you can expect brownouts several times a day.

The west has the infrastructure to accomplish a transition, this country isn't even close.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    OK! Now this IS Green of Green!

We talk of Clean, Green Power. We always had it, now lets use it.

Take your Pick! They both work with me! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I think I would go for the second one.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    "Most" or some? I believe it is more like some as my wife and I know a number of trike drivers. All of them own their own trikes, most financed them.

I am curious at to what your information source is.