Dumaguete Info Search

Apo Island earliest bus/jeep going to Malatapay and earliest boat schedule to Apo island

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by newbie320, May 24, 2011.

1. journeyoferos

journeyoferos DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm guessing you're going to Apo soon? I'm actually planning to go there myself (alone) this coming weekend (January 21 or 22), but what holds me back is the possibility that I'm going to spend thousand of pesos for the boat transfer since, again, I'm alone - unless they let me join other group for a minimal boat fee.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you only spend a few hundred if you go to Malatapay and use a public boat

3. Fuldapaar

Fuldapaar DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @ Rhoody
    But where are the public boats??? Every time when we have been in Malatapay, asking for a boat transfer, they offered an expensive special ride. When we asked for a public boat, there was no answer at all.:(

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    honestly, it is harder NOT to find that place at the end of the Malatapay market

when you see 25 people standing on a tiny bangka, where common sense would not allow 6 person on... thats it !

and there long noses got offered "special rides". I am almost certain you have been exactly there. If I remember correct, there is even a signboard on the main-street

5. chris_dizon

chris_dizon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I also plan to go to Dumaguete this Holyweek alone. How was your trip? Were you able to get in the public boat? Were did you stay?