Dumaguete Info Search

Early risers

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by TheDude, Oct 9, 2015.

1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Let's get a list of places which are open early. Lots of places open at 7, so early probably starts before 7. If the list is short then we'll have to hit 7.

24 / 7 places make the list. Don't mention McD's or else you will out yourself as "one of those foreigners."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Jolly Bee 24/7 open all night

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Plenty of local bakeries open 24/7 that serve alcohol. :wink: Never really understood how bakeries came to be early morning drinking holes for the locals to start with. Can't have any serious input here as I'm rarely awake before lunch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Yeah, and the Angel's burger places are open 24 / 7.

I'm thinking more about places where you can sit down and drink coffee, order food and get wifi in a decent setting and not for alcohol. Geez, alchohol? I said "early risers" not "finding places to drink past dawn."

I'm often up really early because I have to be in contact with people from the U.S.

There are a handful of fast food type restaurants downtown which are open 24/7. These places have exactly the feeling of sitting in a fast food restaurant really early in the morning. They have no personality. These places are the office equivalent of sitting in a cubicle with fluorescent lighting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I heard Dunkin is 24/7 if Donuts and Bunwich is counted as Food, but not sure about WiFi
    my daughter suggested a team of Students go out and do a survey of these places :jawdrop: but of course she won't be on the Team as she thinks there is only 1 (one) 7'clock in the day :roflmao: I tend to think these "Food Net" places down by Robinsons may be what you are looking for. they always seem full of Students whenever I pass at strange times sometimes. Scooby's used to open Early, Especially the one by Siliman. Hmm the list Continues EH? I reckon a lot of the Places in that area may well Do,
    What about the public Area of Harold's Mansions?

Jack:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe Honeycomb opens early....might have WiFi.

7. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    We are open at 5am for coffee daily and breakfast starts at 7am. Decent wi fi that time of day..

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Thanks, Gerry (Gerry's on the Beach.) I was going to mention Gerry's but I wasn't sure if you were okay with me posting that you serve coffee before your breakfast opening.

Gerry's is in San Miguel, which I have found is quite easy to get to early in the morning for those who don't have a motorcycle. I just head out to the area of Robinson's, hit the highway and pick up a pedicab going out to Bacong. It's usually 10 pesos to the Bacong market. Often I just walk the rest of the way to San Miguel but I imagine it would just be another 10 to get to Gerry's. Getting a pedicab back is even easier because nearly every pedicab heading in the Dumaguete direction will go to Dumaguete market.

I have found that Gerry's also has some of the best coffee of the resto-bars in town.

9. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Casablanca opens at 6:00 a.m. every day and has Wi-Fi.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :wideyed: d*mn....I get charged 10 pesos for just looking at a pedicab. Maybe I need grow my scraggly beard back out and get some long hair. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1