Dumaguete Info Search

Early risers

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by TheDude, Oct 9, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    You had a beard. Maybe not scraggly, but I wasn't blessed with the genetics to grow a good one.

I'm not great with pedicabs either. As soon as I start talking and thinking about how much the ride should be, the meter starts going up. Best just to tell them where you are going, jump in, hand them the money when you arrive and jump out.

If they don't ask how much you will pay, then it's just normal fare because they expect they will try picking up other people along the way.

2. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I may have found a winner for most early with a good selection.

Cafe Filomena, the cafe inside Bethel guest house opens at 5:30 and they have a buffet type of thing. They have a bunch of different items to choose from, so you can put together your own meal. This morning I had perfect scrambled eggs, garlic rice, mystery veggies, a mixed fruit dish and brewed coffee for really cheap. I imagine they offer different dishes every day. This is perfect for a "working man's" breakfast. Not too expensive for a daily breakfast and changes up enough so that you don't get sick of the same items on the menu.

I noticed that WhyNot and Casablanca had their doors open after 6AM. The Food Net place mentioned earlier wasn't open before 6.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks I have been looking for a good place to enjoy western breakfast in Dumaguete. I'll check it out!

4. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Tierra Alta Residential Resort restaurant opens at 07:00 hours. Wifi is good. Restaurant is usually very quiet and not very busy. Food is excellent whether it is breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Security is good -- the guard carries a shotgun. It's a little out of the way being up Dumaguete-Palinpinon road in Valencia.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks another place to try. Much appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 1