Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Best Posts in Thread: ECC Exit Clearance

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    They just put an exit stamp in your passport. No need to bring any additional documents, pictures etc. The express lane fee of 500 peso you can pay two steps away. No, you cannot go back to the city or even leave the airport as your status is already exit The Philippines.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Or use their partner only as a means to an end... (I suppose why not when often it is a two way street...) Beware he who wants you to invest in his great new venture (after all the others have failed lol) They walk among us, that is for sure!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went to Duma BI last Tuesday the 13th, did 6 month extension, they said come back Monday the 19th for my passport and 3 weeks for my new ACR card. Here was the fees.

20170619_144438.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The government is trying to play big brother and keep their little sisters out of prostitution jobs (many men might also get stuck working horrible jobs they didn't sign up for and have their passports snatched upon arrival and won't get it back until they pay the company back for the money they put forward...which is impossible the way some of them do the math.)

It is quite common to see filipinas working as prostitutes all over the world. Some choose that career path while others are tricked into it through shady "job recruiting" companies. Certain things probably look very suspicious to immigration and if they grill a Filipino with questions before they leave it is likely because their story doesn't add up (what might be obvious human trafficking to some of us could look completely legit to a Filipina that has never left her island before). This is likely why they are so tough on some that are leaving the country for the first time. Not saying I agree with it or not but immigration/dfa have their reasons. If they don't like it it is their country and politics to change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK, Drum Roll Please....... the verdict is.... Today, in NAIA Terminal 3, a foreigner on a tourist visa between 5 and 12 months in country CAN get ECC clearance. I was sent to the furthest right BI window which said cashier. He asked me a couple questions I guess to confirm the entry stamped in my passport, charged me p500 and gave me my clearance.

Separate but related issue, my 27 year old Filipina wife, first time out of the country, was asked where original copy of marriage certificate was (DFA has it still waiting for her name change passport), He said make sure you have the original next time and she was done.

Both of us very smooth, easy, and quick... especially considering some of the stories people relate about what they have been through.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I don't know anything for those on a 13A first off. However if you need an ECC and are on a tourist visa more then 6 months it must be done in Cebu or Manila immigration office (not airport). In Cebu it can be done in a day IF your there first thing in the morning but Manila or not being at the Cebu office first thing will take a day or more. If Manila they recommend giving a few days for processing.

As a reminder make sure you check local holidays and national holidays before going for your ECC as the office may be closed when you think they would be open.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Effective May 4, 2015, also foreigners with a Temporary Visitor's Visa (TVV) who stayed in the country for 6 months or more the issuance of an ECC may be issued @the international airport of exit as long as you full fill the requirements.
    More details in Operations order no. SBM-2015-009 of the Bureau of Immigration.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    You are correct about the 13a Visa however a person doing a 3 year Visa run is probably on a tourist Visa.
    If a tourist in in the Philippines more than 1 year they have to get their Visa at the BI office.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Currently at the Philippine Immigration Cebu for tourist exit clearance. My last entry was 16 Aug 2016.
    3 Americans are wearing shorts, one is wearing flip flops.

I was asked for photo copy of my ACR Card. It does not have to be surrendered if returning. Cost was 500 pesos. 3 2x2 color pics with white background. Turned in my paperwork at 0830, paid cashier at 0900. Was told to return at 1300 to pickup my passport.

Personally I would not wear shorts to Immigration in Cebu.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Yeah...if we do not respect the places that deserve respect, we should not complain when they don’t respect us. Problem is, it reflects upon the majority who do respect the people here. Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3