Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Best Posts in Thread: ECC Exit Clearance

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Good suggestion but it is dangerous reading the Filipino government policies on line. Although I believe your 12 month rules is still in effect. Internet pages are generally not been kept up to date in the Philippines. Policies in the past has not been set in stone. With experience you learn governmental policy is developed by the person across the desk from you, and vary upon sugar level, last sexual experience and bladder capacity, as well as your ability to pay extra fees as to how they interpret policy. Seldom do two Filipinos interpret policy the same.

I do believe that you can get an exit clearances at the airport, that would allow you to leave the country for a certain period of time, but I would not take the risk . With the bullet planting scam income removed from the system, (Duterte said: take the bullets and put the people on the plane, no more bribes) , car payment still have to be made. So wouldn't it be great if they could find a defect in your documents, lack of correct number of pictures or picture size that would inhibit your possibility to exit the county with the ticket you have already paid for? At the airport you probably have only minutes or hours to resolve the problem, so a bribe is your best alternative. I would go a day early to immigration, Cebu or Manila, and have my exit paper ready when walking into the airport... with no additional discussion or approvals necessary. I just complete an exit experience in the last two week to Hong Kong and back... what a difference in systems between Hong Kong and the PH. However the Cebu immigration was easy office to navigate.

These are just suggestions to reduce the possibility of the stresses of dealing with Filipino surprises. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I can confirm that - got my ECC in Cebu yesterday and all I paid were PHP 500 Express lane fee. Been there at 8am, paid at 8:50, came back at 3pm to pick up passport and exit clearance. All in all a painless experience.

I stayed at the Tokoyo Inn which is conveniently located in the same building as J-Center mall (makes appearing at the BOI at 8am sharp less painful). 2k for a nice room including a so-so buffet breakfast. Clean room, comfortable Bed, quiet split-type aircon, fast WiFi, free parking in the mall underground parking. All in all good value for money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Looks like you have been charged twice for ECC. When you stay in the Phils on a tourist visa you already have paid 700 peso for ECC. Just check your official receipt of your 2nd visa extension, so after 59 days. Among all the amounts mentioned you will find Emigratuion Clearance Certificate....700

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. hansie

hansie DI Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +97 / 71
    Last time I got an ECC at NAIA (I'm on a 13A) the issuance of the ECC was just before the passport control, so after checking in for the flight. You cannot enter that area without a valid boarding pass. All that was needed was passport, I card and the money to pay the ECC. No stamp in passport, just the receipt for the payment. Whether they would allow you to go back out of that area or not I presume largely depends on who's at the entrance. However, as check-in normally does not start but a few hours before the departure 'walking in the city' seems a moot point.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Your visa cannot obtain EEC at the airport, There is a early flight Dumaguete Cebu and a late afternoon return

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    No you dont brian,if youre on a 13a you just pay at the airport. You pay the same as a local does to get out on this visa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Hence my thoughts on an ECC for 1st time Local Leavers :bag: Done and Dusted :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I wish they do that before the date of the departure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    She has calmed down a bit this morning. She does not want to talk about her experience with the immigration leaving Philippines as they were insulting and rude and it pi$$ed her off. One of the things they mentioned was that she was living with/leaving with "a grandfather" and she had to swallow the rude comments instead of defending herself because she wanted to get on that plane. Its horrible the way immigration treats their own people but its life here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Now I have my answer, sort of, and here is my story.

Jumped through all the usual hoops and ended up ready to depart for Bali at Terminal 2 NAIA on Philippine Airlines. Now we are told that because it is "Y"s first trip out of the country she has to go on her own to see an immigration officer. I had to go to the other end of the terminal to go through security as they would not let me go in with her.

After a 15 minute wait I was getting nervous when she did not show up. Then she texts me to come to her because Immigration wants to talk to me. When I work my way back to where she is at I am asked by the immigration official to sign a form that says I will take full responsibility for all her bills while she is out of the country and full responsibility to make sure that she does not work or do anything illegal while outside the country and full responsibility for making sure she gets back to Philippines on the specified date. No problem. Not sure what they would do if I failed in my responsibility and I don't plan to find out.

So what happened in there? "Y" doesn't want to tell me any details, she says it was the usual stuff that all her well traveled friends had told her to expect. I am not sure what would have happened if she was trying to travel without me signing for her.

Travel tax: I paid it for her and nobody asked about it or asked to see the receipt or anything. They are slack and many people were not bothering to pay it.
    ECC for first time departing filipinas was not asked for.
    Airport fee is included in the airfare at NAIA

Quite the interesting trip and we are now snug as bugs in a rug in our Bali hotel. 'Night all

• Thanks Thanks x 1