Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Best Posts in Thread: ECC Exit Clearance

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    From my own experience when I left the country (in Oct. 2013) to Hong Kong together with a Filipina (not my legal wife) she does not need to apply for an ECC, showing certificate of birth and more, that was out of the question except for the departure tax (1620 peso) to be paid.
    Just a valid passport. Upon the first time she went out of the country the Immigration officer on duty asked only her a few questions and not even one single question to me. I already passed Immigration and just waiting nearby the place where the interview took place. Since her answers were satisfying, the interview ended in less than a few minutes. Some Filipina's however alone or with company were refused to pass Immigration hence unable to board the flight. Why...........have no idea better ask the Immigration officer.
    Upon the 2nd trip abroad (in Nov. 2014) to Singapore, no interview or questions @all for my Filipina by Immigration.
    What really matters are the answers given on the questions do meet the details and information IM retrieved from passport, reservation, observation and so on.
    But as always anybody else can have a complete different experience and outcome when going abroad accompanied by a Filipina.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    In about 10 hours I can answer it. :o o:

• Like Like x 2
  3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wow, must be nice to take a vacation every month. PAL has a bus to take passengers back and forth between terminal 2 and 3, not too hard to find and no haggling prices because it is free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :bag: Exacting thought is you Wont be leaving without one :whistling:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It will be reliable information for the day/month. Immigration has changed their mind on this some several times with little to no warning. I really hope he does get his ecc at the airport and they don't have a sign posted on the wall saying they no longer do the ecc at the airport...which I saw one time in terminal one.

The reason I suggest everyone to go to Cebu is because immigration suggests it and even put a stamp in my passport saying I should get one before I leave...not as I am leaving. Call my posts sh*t and assume I'm only saying things to be a prick if you like but I have my reasons for strongly suggesting people go to a main immigration office to get one.

IMG_20161203_083549.jpg

That was stamped in my passport after 6 months of being in country. If it were as simple as getting one as you leave in the airport I don't see why they would be stamping that in passports. If it were a requirement only after being here for over a year why would they not put that stamp in passports after one year? Rhetorical question: because it is immigration and they can do whatever the d*mn well please whenever they d*mn well please and there isn't sh*t anyone can do about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am generally a better safe than sorry type guy also, however I am not talking about the figurative, pain in the *ss of making the trip to Cebu. I am trying to avoid a much greater level of physical pain I have to deal with every day since spring 1991 that I go to the VA every 6 months to get meds to help control.

Only one person said they asked about getting an ECC at the airport in the 6-12 month window and he got it there. I was resigned to go to Cebu but called the BI at Terminal 3 NAIA direct since they are "the horses mouth" I will deal with. I said I am on a tourist Visa, been here 9 months and know I need an ECC, I found an Operations Order.... Was cut of being told as long as I have a SSRN number I can pay at the airport. I repeated, so I have a tourist Visa and as long as I have the SSRN and under 12 months I can get it there. They repeated 3 times they would issue it there as long as I had a SSRN. (It is the number on the slip of paper they staple in your passport and is also on your ACR card.)

If they don't do it when I get there, well sh*t happens and I will deal with it. To avoid pain I am deciding to believe the BI on the phone at terminal 3 knows what the BI at terminal 3 will do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I got my ECC Monday in Cebu. I arrived late at immigration (because alcohol) right around 10am, all the seats were occupied. Filled out the form, handed them my 3 pictures and then paid them P500. In and out in about an hour.

Note: I am on a tourist visa and my stay was about 14-15 months. Was not late on any of my visa extensions. Not sure where, or who, this 6 pictures being needed came from but I suspect he had some other issues with his visa. It clearly states on the wall that only 3 photos are needed.

IMG_20161017_100920.jpg

Read the "Notice" about the ECC after 6 months.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Pls remember which ever visa you're on if you've been in the country more than 12 months a trip to the bi in Cebu or Manila is needed for your ecc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    If you have a 13a visa you can get it at the airport.

• Thanks Thanks x 1