Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance ECC Exit Clearance

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Has anyone had experience with securing an ECC at terminal 2 Manila and if so do you know the hours of the cashier? I have a 7:55am flight next month and plan on paying my ECC at the airport....

2. hansie

hansie DI Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +97 / 71
    Read my earlier post Kilam63! If you're here on a 13A (marriage visa) like me, no problem. The cashier is open when the airport is open. Any other type of visa, I don't know. Other members might chime in, but will probably repeat themselves as this is already a long thread.

3. Kilam63

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yeah I read through it...the video which shows where to pay is in terminal 3 and I am leaving from 2 so I was hoping someone who had gone through the process at terminal 2 could clarify. Last month when I was in Manila I talked to immigration at terminal 3 and verified that I could secure my ECC at the airport (tourist visa in country more than 6 months and less than a year with a SSRN # on my iCard)--at the time did not realize my flight would be departing from terminal 2.

4. hansie

hansie DI Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +97 / 71
    Went through Immigration in Terminal 2 two weeks ago. Because of the 'renovation' activities the whole process is now at the far left of the hall, and you should aim for the very last line on the left. Took some time because of all the Taiwanese and Koreans I had in front of me, but once at the counter, things should go smoothly. Let us know when you get back, OK?

5. Kilam63

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So Hansie, will do! This would be my first time to secure the ECC at the airport so I am a little anxious but look forward to saving an extra trip to Cebu!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Currently at the Philippine Immigration Cebu for tourist exit clearance. My last entry was 16 Aug 2016.
    3 Americans are wearing shorts, one is wearing flip flops.

I was asked for photo copy of my ACR Card. It does not have to be surrendered if returning. Cost was 500 pesos. 3 2x2 color pics with white background. Turned in my paperwork at 0830, paid cashier at 0900. Was told to return at 1300 to pickup my passport.

Personally I would not wear shorts to Immigration in Cebu.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Arrived Manila yesterday via Cebu Pacific from Dumaguete. Plane landed terminal 3, after a short ride to the terminal I made my way to the Walkway on the 5 floor. I had previously booked a room at the Belmont hotel. The hotel is at the end of the walkway.

After an uneventful night I checked out early the next morning, expecting a crowd at immigration. It was 0600..I had my Air Asia boarding pass already in Dumaguete.

Immigration was less than 10...minutes. Only a carry on bag.

The Buffett breakfast at the Belmont is 400 pesos. It opens at 0600..there’s a 24 hour McDonalds next to the Walkway and hotel.

International flights are risky if there’s inclement weather in Dumaguete.

This morning it was hurry up and wait...just like in the army. Going to Kota Kinabalu for one night. Will stay at the Jesselton hotel.

This visa run...was a little expensive, but it was 3 years ago my last departure.

Lots and lots of tall, high end, eye candy walking in the vicinity of the Belmont.

There’s other hotels near the Walkway but the Belmont is the closet.

• Informative Informative x 4
  8. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Not so a 13A is always cleared at the airport.

9. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Just to add ...... have been in the Phil for 18 years got my 13A around 2004 and have departed at least 7 times since then on the 13A and never sought pre-clearance form Cebu and alway was given it at the 13A desk in Manila airport.

10. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    You are correct about the 13a Visa however a person doing a 3 year Visa run is probably on a tourist Visa.
    If a tourist in in the Philippines more than 1 year they have to get their Visa at the BI office.

• Agree Agree x 3