Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance ECC Exit Clearance

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Nope. I also have a flight from DUM to MNL on Friday with Philippine airline and it arrives at Terminal 3. Then I have to get to Terminal 2 to fly Philippine airlines to Bali then I get back from Bali next week on Phil Airline and it only says I arrive at Manila International (no terminal mentioned) then I have to get to Terminal 3 again to get Phil Airlines to DUM.

We could only WISH that there was 1 terminal for each airline. It would make bookings and flights so much easier :arghh:

2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We will be in our little AirBnB condo by the ferry in Discovery Bay this time Wednesday. Have the same Cebu Pacific flights Dave has sounds like (well we are going first so he has same as me hahaha).

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yeah but mines just the throw away ticket I need to go to Bali so I won't actually be using that ticket. Bet I paid less Hee Hee.

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wow, must be nice to take a vacation every month. PAL has a bus to take passengers back and forth between terminal 2 and 3, not too hard to find and no haggling prices because it is free.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Oh, I get ya. I keep thinking you are married and on a 13A for some reason. Yup I purchased last minute so I didn't get the best fares.

6. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK, Drum Roll Please....... the verdict is.... Today, in NAIA Terminal 3, a foreigner on a tourist visa between 5 and 12 months in country CAN get ECC clearance. I was sent to the furthest right BI window which said cashier. He asked me a couple questions I guess to confirm the entry stamped in my passport, charged me p500 and gave me my clearance.

Separate but related issue, my 27 year old Filipina wife, first time out of the country, was asked where original copy of marriage certificate was (DFA has it still waiting for her name change passport), He said make sure you have the original next time and she was done.

Both of us very smooth, easy, and quick... especially considering some of the stories people relate about what they have been through.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Are you suggesting she would have had trouble leaving the country if you two were not married but living together and traveling together?

8. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am suggesting that I understand life in the Philippines means knowing one person's experience only necessarily allies to that one experience and while it my be informative it is no guarantee of what will happen to the person next in line or even us next time we leave. hmmm, I could have just said it's the Philippines and I'm suggesting YMMV as I have no idea why it was easy for us but so difficult and long for others. I had her all worried about the possibility of a 2 hour interview and we were through in 2 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  9. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I've been using it since 2007. I tell the taxi to take me to Domestic Departures for a cheaper charge and then drag my luggage to International :roflmao:

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I was wondering if a filipina needs an ECC? It occurred to me that foreigners need an ECC when they stay more than 6 months so that the authorities can check to see if there is any reason they should no be permitted to leave the country. So are only foreigners capable of doing something that would not allow them to be permitted to leave the country? Seems a bit racist to me if I need an ECC but my "sweet young thing" could not possibly have done anything wrong in her life so does not need to be checked out before being allowed to leave.

• Funny Funny x 2