Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance ECC Exit Clearance

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Apparently only if it is their Very First time of leaving the PI, However they do need and NBI Clearance I believe if going to work Overseas

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That is news to me as I have known a few filipinas to go on vacation by themselves without mentioning an ECC. Where do they get it?

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I have no Idea, as I said according to the Web site it is only the First time they ever leave the PI thereafter immigration knows they travel as it will be in their passport. Other than that I have no Idea as it is one of those things that has never come up before.
    BTW "Y" has left the Country hasn't she? so, maybe you are answering your own Question :hmmm: :wink:

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    In about 10 hours I can answer it. :o o:

• Like Like x 2
  5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    From my own experience when I left the country (in Oct. 2013) to Hong Kong together with a Filipina (not my legal wife) she does not need to apply for an ECC, showing certificate of birth and more, that was out of the question except for the departure tax (1620 peso) to be paid.
    Just a valid passport. Upon the first time she went out of the country the Immigration officer on duty asked only her a few questions and not even one single question to me. I already passed Immigration and just waiting nearby the place where the interview took place. Since her answers were satisfying, the interview ended in less than a few minutes. Some Filipina's however alone or with company were refused to pass Immigration hence unable to board the flight. Why...........have no idea better ask the Immigration officer.
    Upon the 2nd trip abroad (in Nov. 2014) to Singapore, no interview or questions @all for my Filipina by Immigration.
    What really matters are the answers given on the questions do meet the details and information IM retrieved from passport, reservation, observation and so on.
    But as always anybody else can have a complete different experience and outcome when going abroad accompanied by a Filipina.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Here is her side of things. She needed her passport, was not issued international connection boarding pass (I was) because she had to pay travel tax in NAIA as Duma has no way to collect it, a copy (they wanted original) marriage certificate, and she had her CFO certificate in her passport which they looked at. We had more documents but they didn't ask to see anything else.

7. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Now I have my answer, sort of, and here is my story.

Jumped through all the usual hoops and ended up ready to depart for Bali at Terminal 2 NAIA on Philippine Airlines. Now we are told that because it is "Y"s first trip out of the country she has to go on her own to see an immigration officer. I had to go to the other end of the terminal to go through security as they would not let me go in with her.

After a 15 minute wait I was getting nervous when she did not show up. Then she texts me to come to her because Immigration wants to talk to me. When I work my way back to where she is at I am asked by the immigration official to sign a form that says I will take full responsibility for all her bills while she is out of the country and full responsibility to make sure that she does not work or do anything illegal while outside the country and full responsibility for making sure she gets back to Philippines on the specified date. No problem. Not sure what they would do if I failed in my responsibility and I don't plan to find out.

So what happened in there? "Y" doesn't want to tell me any details, she says it was the usual stuff that all her well traveled friends had told her to expect. I am not sure what would have happened if she was trying to travel without me signing for her.

Travel tax: I paid it for her and nobody asked about it or asked to see the receipt or anything. They are slack and many people were not bothering to pay it.
    ECC for first time departing filipinas was not asked for.
    Airport fee is included in the airfare at NAIA

Quite the interesting trip and we are now snug as bugs in a rug in our Bali hotel. 'Night all

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    She has calmed down a bit this morning. She does not want to talk about her experience with the immigration leaving Philippines as they were insulting and rude and it pi$$ed her off. One of the things they mentioned was that she was living with/leaving with "a grandfather" and she had to swallow the rude comments instead of defending herself because she wanted to get on that plane. Its horrible the way immigration treats their own people but its life here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That is exactly what I was suggesting when you asked on an earlier post. Cebu Pacific looked at exit tax receipt before giving boarding pass. I wonder if married/not married (was my wife's first trip also but no interview) made the difference for the interview or Terminal 2 vs Terminal 3 BI agents. We were 3 hours early and there was no line at all when we went through so they could have pulled her in for an interview. Maybe they were enjoying a break and didn't feel like doing an interview, who knows. Enjoy your trip, we have only a couple days left...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Nowadays, in 2016, to leave the Phils as one of his/her citizen for a trip abroad is even more worse and complicated than it ever was for citizens of East European countries during the communist era. When they finally obtained a passport to travel abroad no more stupid, insulting interviews @the international port of exit going abroad. I know what I am talking about coz frequently visited Czechoslovakia and Poland during a period of many years in 80's and 90's of last century.
    The freedom to travel abroad is non existing in this country for their own people.