Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance ECC Exit Clearance

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Sep 24, 2016.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think the problem is the freedom of the BI personnel to deny who they want, when they want, whenever they want, with no accountability to enforce the same rules in the same way consistently. I have read of denials and multiple hour exit interviews, then there is reports like our experience. On her first exit she was asked 3 questions, told to bring an original marriage certificate next time, and approved in 2 minutes. Either the BI officials suffer from multiple personality disorders, or expats leave out details that explain their SO having a harder time exiting the country - probably a mixture of both.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The government is trying to play big brother and keep their little sisters out of prostitution jobs (many men might also get stuck working horrible jobs they didn't sign up for and have their passports snatched upon arrival and won't get it back until they pay the company back for the money they put forward...which is impossible the way some of them do the math.)

It is quite common to see filipinas working as prostitutes all over the world. Some choose that career path while others are tricked into it through shady "job recruiting" companies. Certain things probably look very suspicious to immigration and if they grill a Filipino with questions before they leave it is likely because their story doesn't add up (what might be obvious human trafficking to some of us could look completely legit to a Filipina that has never left her island before). This is likely why they are so tough on some that are leaving the country for the first time. Not saying I agree with it or not but immigration/dfa have their reasons. If they don't like it it is their country and politics to change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    What about this.........................
    P1170178.jpg

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That is kind of what I was getting at. The BI officers have discretion to do what they want with people just because they feel like it, there is no standard AND there guys complaining about treatment even though they may have asked for it through their behavior. OR there seems to be too much leeway for BI officers to be a-holes (not that they all are) AND there is no way to know if an expat complaining about visa issues was actually treated unfair or is lucky they didn't get deported. There are extremes on both sides.

Anyway, we are back from our Hong Kong trip. Everything was smooth on my wife's end, handed BI officer in NAIA terminal #3 our marriage certificate and our passports. He asked why our surnames were different and my wife said she didn't have her new passport yet (should be ready tomorrow). So he stamped her passport and stamped by Balikbayan..... woops, nope, decided since our passports didn't match yet he would give me tourist visa.... back to the a-hole thing above. Yes it is a privilege, no he had no real reason to deny me other than not liking to read a marriage certificate instead of matching passports. Want to go chew some a** but it wouldn't due any good as it won't get changed, it is a privilege not a right, all I would do is dig a hole and make us all look bad.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I wish they do that before the date of the departure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Hence my thoughts on an ECC for 1st time Local Leavers :bag: Done and Dusted :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Just sayin' I still needed the throw away. They did not care at the immigration line in Manila terminal 2 (they asked if I had a departure date and I said yes and they said OK) but getting on Philippine Airlines in Bali the check in counter would not check me in without seeing it and entering all the info into their computer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    Ok...I know I need an ECC..I know I need to go to Cebu...last time was about 30 min and done...have heard now its 5 days wait meaning 5 days hotel or 2 trips to Cebu...both options suck...anyone figure a way around this one yet?need mine soon

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    What do you mean by "specified date" please?

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    She is not allowed to leave without a return ticket if she claims she is a tourist. I had to sign that she would be back on the date specified on that return ticket which they kept a copy of.

• Thanks Thanks x 1