Dumaguete Info Search

Ecil's Delights and Snacks in Bacong

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by ChMacQueen, Feb 29, 2016.

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    My fiancee and I finally got our small food place up and running in Bacong as there seems to be a lack of food choices for those of us out here who want something but don't want to run into the city. Its only a small place and we have only been open a week but our menu will be growing. We also have free wifi.

Menu to date: Fajita wrap, Taco wrap, filipino burger, burger deluxe, fries (flavor options), halo-halo (our own nice halo2x, not any of that nasty bean crap and ube, its *different*), and of course soda's. We are looking to hopefully add Red Horse and San Mig as soon as I can talk Ecil into letting me get another ref. Hopefully as well within the next week or two our menu will grow a bit more.

Location: Go past the park from Dumaguete 3 streets and turn right (Leon Kilat st opposite side of the highway from the beach). Down the corner 2 blocks and will see our place on the right.

If your in the area and hungry stop by and give is a try. Open 10am-8pm

Chris and Ecil

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Maybe good idea to stick this on a showcase with photos! Will check it out in the next few days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Won't let me edit my post. Messed up on the location a bit.

Go past Bacong park from Dumaguete, 3rd street on the right and go down 2 blocks and we are on the corner. Lion Kilat st, small yellow place with a sign *Ecil's Delights and Snacks*

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I stopped in at Ecil's for a taco and enchilada. Delicious and well priced.
    On my next visit I'll try the hamburger and Halo-halo but next time for sure.

It took a little effort to find Ecil's. Coming from Dumaguete heading south, go past the Palawan Pawn Shop in Bacong a few streets there is a sign indicating Stella Maris Retreat house on the sea side of the highway. At that small intersection turn right and drive west about 120 meters and look for a bright yellow store front on the right side of the street.

I live near by so if I have the munchies I know where to go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  6. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Thanks Show Pony, hope to see you again soon and bring the Mrs. next time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I live on Leon Kilat St. up the hill. Will try and drop by tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Will drop by tomorrow, must have went the wrong way. So are you up the hill from the Stella Maris sign, not toward the sea?

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I guess Pat, it would depend on which way you are Coming from unless he meant left and not right at the sign:wink:
    Just a thought.

10. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    We are up the hill away from the beach. On the highway you turn away from the beach (turn right if your coming from Bacong park)