Dumaguete Info Search

Ecil's Delights and Snacks in Bacong

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by ChMacQueen, Feb 29, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    We now have a sign on the highway at our turn. Its not a big sign but just a few blocks past the markets in Bacong headed towards Dauin on the right hand side.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    I think a picture of your sign as seen from the road would help immensely.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes spotted the sign but still had a slight problem to find the shop. So easy to fly past.

met owner whom was very friendly and chatty, place looks really laid back and cosy. To the owner, sorry did not return as promised as had a bike problem. Shall return soon for a meal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Do you serve beer there yet?

5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Whoops, disregard last message. I see you do have beer now. I'll get out there soon.

6. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Yes we serve beer and as an added plus its cold as well. p*ss warm beer is available by request only! :wink:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    We have decided to close Ecil's mainly due to a poor location. We are in the process of looking at potential new locations in Bacong. However for now we are closing up shop.

We would like to thank our regular customers and offer our apologies for our need to close up shop. We had a short but good run but the last couple months has just had us see things aren't going to be happening at our current location. If we are able to find a better reasonable location that meets our needs we may be moving and re-opening and at that time if it happens I'll update this thread or create a new one.

Thank you,

Chris and Ecil

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Sorry to hear this Chris but fingers crossed for the Future. :thumbsup:

9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    From all the reveiws, sad to hear it didn't work out and I wish I could have been one of your customers. Sometime it's timing, sometimes location, the location might be fine in 10 or more years if Bacong builds up a little more. Well, here's hoping you can find a better location.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Thanks, location was the issue here I believe. Bacong isn't built up much yet and there really is just the market area which doesn't seem to be moving as the municipality wants to shut down the old for the new market being built.