Dumaguete Info Search

Eggs Benedict Update

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Jul 28, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Usually have a couple poached or fried eggs on toast for breakkies for several yrs now and still alive. Im sure a few of you have seen the medical people change their mind often about eggs and if they are good or bad!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Actually the downside of eggs Benedict is the hollandaise sauce. Really a catch-22 because to me the quality, if good, of the sauce is what makes the dish delicious. In spite of the very high cholesterol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I agree Totally But we need to be careful:smile: at373 mg per egg cholesteral
    Just saying:o o:

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I read a poached egg has has 210 mg cholesterol.
    We never hear concerns about chicken, so once again I have to ask the time-honored question, "what came first the chicken or the egg"?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    It is a medical fact that only those still alive can make reviews; the dead rarely tell us what killed them :smile:

As for changes of mind, everything we are ever told is later disputed. It is because there is no absolute truth; the truth exists only at that moment in time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    It has to be the egg as the chicken is merely an adult version.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not everything is later disputed. Bad and improperly conducted studies (and/or studies that are not peer reviewed) do regularly get thrown to the side. The problem is that news media, our politicians and the average person are almost completely science illiterate and wouldn't know a fake study from a proper one.

8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    But you say that with the benefit of current knowledge. We do not even know if the world around us is real or imaginary, if my perception is the same as yours, if current scientific knowledge is based on sound principles or if we have moved only a tiny distance in understanding since the (possible) creation of the Universe. We only know what we think we know.

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    So who laid the egg?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    The evolutionary being which genetically immediately preceded the 'thing' we now know as a chicken; either the combination of parental genes or mutation within the egg (or both) then created that new being.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1