Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Best Posts in Thread: ELECTRIC GENERATORS

1. hawkeye64

hawkeye64 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +35 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Omega is where I bought mine. He will have to order it. Du Ek Sam also sells Honda generators, they charge alot more than Omega. Omega is located at South National Highway on the left side after you pass the intersection at Robinsons going to the market area.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    We purchased a Japanese brand from Polaris in June 2018 rated 7 KVA and electric start. We had the electrician wire it to the house with the transfer switch. It works flawlessly. However, for these extended outages, the gas is expensive. We do run about 2hp in AIRCON when on generator power so every 8 hours it consumes about 750 pesos in gas (maybe 16 liters). That is about the longest we have run it at one time. It is a good idea to shut down the generator after 4 hours and let it cool for 15 min. If not being run for a while, it should be run for a while to charge the battery. Of course, check the oil and change it. The only disadvantages are the noise and the fact that during the power outages, fil products internet and cable goes down after a half hour or so. But when that happens I run the globe data plan on the smartphone as a personal hotspot and have good internet with our monthly purchase of gosurf 599 4GB and GOWATCH 399 13 GB, otherwise used mostly for Siquijor on the strong LTE signal we have in EV. A generator is a good thing to have for us spoiled Westerners but sometimes we are lucky and go for a long time without needing it; then we have the current situation of constant power outages, in Valencia, even unplanned. I prefer not to run it but it is there when we need it. In Siquijor we just use a Honda manual start 2.5KVA for the constant outages and that one has been extremely reliable since 2005 and it starts with one, Max 2 pulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 4