Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden ELECTRIC GENERATORS

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by DAVE1952, Feb 22, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Sometimes it is difficult to know if it is genuine product from Japan, but if I go ahead, it will be a Honda, that is for sure, I favour Honda cars and their Motorbikes, having used many units with these engines I know they are as reliable as they come.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I agree. You get what you pay for. Honda is probably the best one you can buy here.

3. lesmale

lesmale DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you are a farmer and have too much of post harvest waste, my suggestion is to install a micro sized thermal power plant and be free from grid for ever. Not only power, you can also cook food using specially designed vessels and have hot water in wash room for personal hygiene.

4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Right, and the Chinese brands have secret remote kill switches. When China invades the Philippines, none of the Chinese made generators will work.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Isn't that switch just called "rust"?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I think this is true as I read somewhere about Chinese Remote Application Protocols (or ____ for short).

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    We purchased a Japanese brand from Polaris in June 2018 rated 7 KVA and electric start. We had the electrician wire it to the house with the transfer switch. It works flawlessly. However, for these extended outages, the gas is expensive. We do run about 2hp in AIRCON when on generator power so every 8 hours it consumes about 750 pesos in gas (maybe 16 liters). That is about the longest we have run it at one time. It is a good idea to shut down the generator after 4 hours and let it cool for 15 min. If not being run for a while, it should be run for a while to charge the battery. Of course, check the oil and change it. The only disadvantages are the noise and the fact that during the power outages, fil products internet and cable goes down after a half hour or so. But when that happens I run the globe data plan on the smartphone as a personal hotspot and have good internet with our monthly purchase of gosurf 599 4GB and GOWATCH 399 13 GB, otherwise used mostly for Siquijor on the strong LTE signal we have in EV. A generator is a good thing to have for us spoiled Westerners but sometimes we are lucky and go for a long time without needing it; then we have the current situation of constant power outages, in Valencia, even unplanned. I prefer not to run it but it is there when we need it. In Siquijor we just use a Honda manual start 2.5KVA for the constant outages and that one has been extremely reliable since 2005 and it starts with one, Max 2 pulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 4