Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Electrician Hired

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kirkma, Jun 15, 2016.

1. kirkma

kirkma DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I want to increase the power supply from 40A presently to 100A. I also have to wire to newly furnished kitchen, toilet, living room and bedrooms upstairs.

Any competent electrician can be introduced? Thanks, guy!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by gerry_bc, Jun 18, 2016 (5 points)
  3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Unfortunately I can not recommend a competent electrician. I had a rough time with the ones I used, they were fine when I was there to supervise them and the wife ended up letting the last one go and I did the work myself with a laborer.

I can offer some free advice though. Changing your service from 40A to 100A is not just a matter of putting in a new breaker or panel board with a 100A breaker. You need to look at the wire size coming in as well as the size of your overhead conductors. Finally you should look at how far your transformer is from your house as well kVA and how many other houses are coming of the transformer.

I've mentioned in other posts that most voltage drop issues are due to overloaded transformers, too small conductors on your secondary service and length of the run. We have our own transformer and the voltage in normally 245 but has dipped to 238 when using a welder; I checked a neighbors house last trip home and their voltage was down in the 170 range but they were coming off a transformer with along with a bunch of other folks.

Best of luck!

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Best Answer
    Go to Polaris Equipment and talk with their electrical dept. They can come out, inspect what you have, make recommendations and do the work to first world standards. Google them for directions and phone numbers...

5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    We were very happy with Roger 09258761901 he was employed by Polaris before starting on his on his own.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    kirkma

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks, guys

7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Who did you find as your electrician? I'm looking for an electrician for a minor job of just changing out 2 wall sockets and running a ground for those 2 sockets. Need to ground my computer as am tired of the wear on expensive components. Alex's Roger guy never returned a text as well.

8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You could try Jake on 0926 888 3389 he has done some work for us and fellow members and seems to know what he's doing Chris.

9. OP
    OP
    kirkma

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to wire the new furnished kitchen, toilet, and upstairs with 3 units air-con. This is the main reason I want to enhance the power supply to 100A, probably a new inlet to the house for these additional

10. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I found someone already, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Again... have you been to Polaris??